Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Web Development Jobs, Technical Jobs, Service Delivery Jobs, Career Opportunities,
Software/Web Development Associate
Fahari Aviation is seeking an entry level Software Developer with skills in web development and a strong passion for the drone industry, AI, machine learning, and big data. The individual will use their programming and problem-solving skills to assist in the development or enhancement of applications in-house.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Design code and manage website using modern tools
- Assist with development of mobile and web based applications
- Coordinate with Developers and other marketers to match visual design intent.
- Carry out Help Desk Support in day to day activities
- Liaise between with internal (Kenya Airways IT Department) and external stakeholders to ensure all deliverables are achieved within the set budget and timelines.
- Contribute to collaborative efforts and assist with additional IT projects as needed
- Effectively manage daily administrative tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, or relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant work experience
- Proficiency writing code, either in production environments or smaller projects
- A basic understanding of object-oriented programming and/or web technologies
- Proficiency writing semantic HTML
- Basic knowledge with algorithms, computational geometry and geospatial systems
- Knowledge of database including Oracle, Access, or SQL server
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Driving License may be required.
Asset Services Officer-Heavy Maintenance
Reports to the Senior Asset Services Officer-Heavy Maintenance & ensures efficient operation of a safe and secure technical records and archival system for timely distribution / provision of data for maintenance planning, reliability tracking and safe operation of Kenya airways and third party aircraft that meets KQ and regulatory requirements.
- Operate a secure and safe technical l records archiving and retrieval system where all completed maintenance records are stored as per the KCAA requirements
- Ensure the Designed and developed filing systems, business classification schemes as per KCAA and Kenya airways requirements.
- Ensure that the archives management policies and framework in the management of records system are followed as per KCAA and Kenya airways requirements.
- Plan and assign resources to meet the requirements of a sound and acceptable technical records system
- Liaison with relevant Kenya airways departments/KCAA; manufactures, lessors on technical records matters; and irregularities to the appropriate department.
- Ensure aircraft records are acceptable to airworthiness/owners requirements during delivery/redelivery of aircrafts, engines, landing gears, propellers, APU,OC/CM and life limited components
- Ensure all work processes/instructions and procedures are in place and understandable by the team in order to meet the requirements of a sound and acceptable technical records and archival system
- Ensure timely data capture and correctness of data entered in the aircraft maintenance system
- Ensure timely availability of accurate aircrafts/components hours and cycles to contracted parties such as owners, lessors and maintenance providers
- Perform pre-delivery audit of incoming aircrafts maintenance records to confirm correctness and availability as per KCAA and Kenya Airways requirements.
- Aircraft, Engine and APU logbooks updating -to ensure timely provision of accurate data and life limited parts to facilitate certificate of Airworthiness renewals, and engines/landing gears/APU maintenance and repairs
- Compile and provide accurate and up-to-date aircraft maintenance records during aircraft re-deliveries/sale.
- Aircraft build and component life set up in Aircraft Maintenance Management system
- Maintenance data entry and control
Knowledge, Skills and experience;
- Degree in either Information Science, Computer science, it’s equivalent or
- Diploma in Information Science, Computer science, Record Management or its equivalent with 2 years experience in records management
- Knowledge of KCAA requirements and Kenya Airways procedures
- Minimum of 2 years experience in records management
- Basic knowledge of aircraft regulatory requirements and maintenance documentation.
- Has basic knowledge on how to complete standard paperwork and records, filling in form of accurately and legibly.
- Aircraft documentation course
- Sensitive to details
- Accountable and Reliable
- Team player
- Precise data collection
- Good communicator
- Organized and neat
- Time conscious
Industrial Relations Manager
The holder of this role will be tasked to design and lead proactive Industrial Relations strategies, policies, processes and procedures that contribute to cordial industrial relations. They will also issue legal opinions to the Company on existing and potential disputes including Court litigation.
This position requires an individual with practical experience in handling legal Employment matters, managing union-based interactions, welfare matters including recommending best practice to enhance employee engagement for productivity.
Principal Accountabilities (KEY Performance areas):
- Develop and modify ER policies and procedures; conduct training, manage and coach team of ER & IR matters.
- Liaison in industrial relations matters – attend periodic Union meetings across the network, conciliation meetings with union and labour officers including negotiations for CBA and act as the Company’s witness where applicable.
- Ensure consistent application of industrial relations policies and procedures as well as monitoring of staff motivation levels with a view of promoting employee satisfaction.
- Create and implement all industrial relations related practices, policies, procedures and strategies with the goal of promoting a positive culture and high employee performance.
- Act as an advisor to the various stakeholders on employment legislation, industrial and labour relations, union matters and all matters pertaining to employee relations
- Monitor and ensure the best interests of the Company are represented and implemented in disputes and Court matters.
- Main liaison to the Legal Department and the entire organization in Employee disputes and Court litigation.
- In conjunction with the other relevant parties in HR, develop, implement, and update Human Resources employment policies and procedures.
- Act as the main liaison with 3rd party legal service providers to ensure protection and promotion of the Company’s best interests legally across the network.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ER strategy across the business.
- Address conflicts and strive to resolve them in a positive manner that benefits all parties and facilitates healthy work relationships and manage the administration of all discipline/grievance issues as per discipline /grievance procedure.
- Listen to and address employee concerns, resolve employee issues and handle complaints to protect the interests of all parties involved and encourage a supportive atmosphere in the workplace.
- Assist in taking proactive measures, based on internal data, changes in employment law, and ER company policies, to ensure education is provided to the appropriate audiences with the goal of minimizing legal risk and preventing the unfair treatment of employee
- Assist the ER manager in coordination of disciplinary procedures and systems; handling disciplinary cases; attending to disciplinary hearings, confirming minutes and issuing verdicts with minimal litigation.
- Design programs to ensure the fair treatment of employees and effective communication between employees and managers and provide guidance to line managers on behavior management and effective counselling to staff.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- University degree – Bachelor’s degree in HR /Law/ Business Administration or related field.
- Additional qualifications in Employee or Industrial Relations would be an added advantage.
- Member of IHRM.
- 5 years’ experience managing HR processes in a labour intensive industry and 2 years must experience specifically in labour and industrial relations management.
- Interpersonal skills – essential to identifying the needs of employees and management.
- Knack of problem-solving – devise solutions to issues that arise in the workplace.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills – effectively influence all stake holders in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behavior change.
- Communication skills – ability to listen and understand concerns and provide answers to complex workplace questions.
- Strong analytical skills – to assess situations, make accurate observations and arrive at well informed decisions.
- Resilience – Able to remain calm, stable and in control of themselves in potentially emotional grievance handling and disciplinary.
- Work place pressure – Maintain effective work behavior in the face of setbacks or overwhelming work demands.
- Proficiency – in use of MS office tools.
- Knowledge of Labour /Employment law and its practical application.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice of employee involvement and industrial relations.
- Good awareness of the internal and external industrial environment and successful adaptation to changing demands and conditions of ER landscape.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant retail policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
How To Apply For a Job By Email
- Software/Web Development Associate
- Asset Services Officer-Heavy Maintenance
- Industrial Relations Manager