Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Operations jobs,Absa Bank Limited jobs,Careers in Kenya,
This is a generic role to be carried out within all the Absa Kenya centralized operations processing sites, and the role holder may be required to work flexibly across a variety of different activities. To process card & loan applications against existing policy rules and determine fates as to approval or decline thereof.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Key Accountabilities and Time Split
Delivering Operational/ Service Excellence – 60%
- Ensure accurate data is authorized in the core systems to maintain high quality of work
- Process loan and card applications based on existing policies and procedures.
- Meet individual targets on assessment/disbursement of loans and cards Authorization as per SLA.
- Ensure daily submission of accurate data on Individual MI on Productivity Template
- Come up with at least 1 initiative per year to manage cost and/or generate revenue
- Ensure turnaround time is observed as per SLA.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues either by providing Management information or by use of other available channels.
- Spearhead Risk and Control awareness, identification of Hotspots, promote best practices across the team on a regular basis.
Teamwork – 25%
- Acquire new skills or train a colleague to enable you or they work on any desk during emergencies.
- Ensure efficient time management within the team by completing and handing over the day’s work in time.
- Nominate team members or yourself for BTR awards and other recognition platforms
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working by challenging the status quo and supporting an empowering climate within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, best practice and providing constructive feedback as required.
- Manage leave as required.
- Participate in local events to support local needs, develop individual and team skills and raise the Absa profile in the local community.
Self – 5%
- Agree actions on your developmental areas with team leader
- Ensure PM process is done and completed within given time scales.
- Ensure training is undertaken before set deadlines.
- Ensure monthly one on one performance sessions are held with your line manager.
Controls – 10%
- Champion adherence to governance and control processes within the team
- Act as a reference point for all issues relating to process and procedures as well as governance issues within the team
- Undertake snap checks as assigned and file findings within 48 hrs.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role
- Strong personal and team organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Decision Making skills
- Change management abilities including issue management and resolution
- Good numeracy skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Quality conscious
- Excellent Keyboarding / PC skills
- Team working
- Ability to work under pressure
Knowledge, Experience & Expertise
Knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies and/or other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role:
- In-depth knowledge of relevant processes and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of operational risk and rigor requirements and standards applicable to the relevant processes and procedures.
- Clear understanding of the team performance objectives – service level agreements and customer service targets.
- Sound understanding of technical systems e.g. Sybrin/ FCR/CCRS/KAMLS/BOC Assets/FCC/Credit Ease
- A working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Money Laundering, service standards, health and safety standards etc.
- Good knowledge of complaints handling procedure.
- Knowledge of team interfaces with other business areas, centers, and branches.
- A broad awareness of Retail products and services.
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Absa induction course
- On the job / at-desk training
- Performance Development training
- Keyboarding skills
- KYC and Operation Rigor training
- Relevant technical courses as required
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
- Visual concentration relating to screen-based work and checking work done
- Manual dexterity relating to keyboarding activity
- Will be required to work flexibly across a range of processes and activities at a similar level