Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
The Parliamentary Service Commission of Kenya is an Independent government Commission established under the Constitution of Kenya to ensure smooth functioning of the National Assembly of Kenya.
Secretarial Assistant – 7 positions
VACANCY NO. PSC/018/05/2017
Secretarial Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Typing from manuscripts.
- Processing data.
- Attending to visitors/clients.
- Handling telephone calls and appointments.
- Operating office equipment.
- Ensuring security of office equipment, documents and records.
Requirements for the Secretarial Assistant Job
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education minimum grade of C- (minus) with at least C (plain) in English language.
- Typewriting I (minimum 30 w.p.m.)/computerized document processing II
- Business English I/Communications
- Office Practice I
- Commerce I and
- A certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution.
Drivers – 10 positions
VACANCY NO. PSC/019/05/2017
Duties for the Driver Job
- Driving of motor vehicles as authorized.
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road.
- Carrying out routine checks of the vehicle.
- Ensuring safety of the passengers and/or goods therein.
Driver Job Requirements
- Be in possession of a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Have served in the grade of Driver III for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Be in possession valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for the class of vehicle the officer is required to drive.
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III; and
- At least two (2) years previous satisfactory driving experience.
Office Assistant – 38 positions
Duties for the Office Assistant Job
- Cleaning services.
- Collecting and cleaning utensils.
- Collecting and delivering documents.
Office Assistant Job Requirements
- For appointment to this grade, a candidate must be in possession of a KCSE D (plain).
Waiter – 6 positions
VACANCY NO. PSC/023/05/2017
Duties for the Waiter Job
- Service of food and drinks in the restaurant.
- Presentation and settlement of bills.
- Taking care of operating equipment.
Waiter Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must be in possession of:
- Food and Beverage Sales and Service Advanced Certificate from a recognized College with two years experience in an hotel or a club; or
- A crafts Certificate in Food & Beverage Service from a recognized college.
Reception Assistant – 18 positions
Duties for the Reception Assistant Job
- Receiving and directing visitors as necessary.
- Controlling of signing of the visitors book.
- Issue badges for purposes of security and safety control.
- Notify internal staff of arrival of visitors.
- Keep the reception area clean and tidy.
- Answering general inquiries.
- Ensuring any message left at the reception area is delivered promptly.
- Answering all internal calls and transferring to required extensions.
- Receiving of incoming parcels and distributing as necessary.
- Facilitate appointment for visitors.
- Any other lawful duties as assigned by the supervisor
Reception Assistant Job Requirements
- Possess a KCSE grade D (plain) or its equivalent.
- Have a certificate in Front Office or related studies from a recognized institution.
- Be computer literate.
Cook – 3 positions
VACANCY NO. PSC/024/05/2017
Duties for the Cook Job
- Making mise-en-plus for production.
- Preparing the soup of the day.
- Preparing all vegetables for the day’s menu.
- Preparing starches for the day’s menu.
- Preparing all meat products.
- Portioning and serving food as demand requires.
- Cleaning up of the operation area.
Cook Job Requirements
- For appointment to this grade, a candidate must be in possession of:
- be in possession of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- (Minus) or its equivalent; and
- Have a certificate in Food Production from Kenya Utalii College or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
Clerical Officer – 12 positions
VACANCY NO. PSC/025/05/2017
Duties for the Clerical Officer Job
- Processing appointments, promotions, discipline, and other related duties in human resource management.
- Computation of financial or statistical records based on routine or special sources of information.
- Preparation of payment vouchers.
- Compiling data and drafting of simple letters.
- Sorting, filing and dispatching letters.
- Maintenance of an efficient filing system.
- Compiling of statistical records.
Clerical Officer Job Requirements
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- or its approved equivalent; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
Security Warden – 5 positions
Duties for the Security Warden Job
- Allocation of mail to MPs’ Pigeon holes.
- Booking of visitors/guests at the entrances.
- Issuance of entry badges.
- Screening of strangers.
- Storage of strangers’ baggage.
- Preventing removal of institutional property without proper and authorized documentation.
- Handling of telephone services.
- Control of vehicular traffic/parking.
- Patrolling of offices, car parks and lounges.
- Perform security night duties.
Security Warden Job Requirements
- be in possession of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education grade D+ or its equivalent;
- Be in possession of a Paramilitary Training Certificate; or have served satisfactorily in uniformed service for a period of not less than three (3) years.
- Have a First Aid certificate.
- Be in possession of an exemplary service certificate.
Gardener – 5 positions
VACANCY NO. PSC/030/05/2017
Gardener Job Responsibilities
- Prepare grounds for planting.
- Planting, manuring and watering plants.
- Maintain gardens and lawns.
Requirements for the Gardener Job
- For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a Primary Level Certificate.
Library Assistant – 5 positions
Library Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Making press cuttings.
- Shelf arrangement.
- Filing of cataloguing cards.
- Provision of reference services to readers.
- Charging and discharging library materials.
- Preparation of materials for binding.
Requirements for the Library Assistant Job
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Have a Kenya Certificate of secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade C or its equivalent qualification with at least a C in either Mathematics, English or Kiswahili.
- Have attended a course in Library Studies at the Kenya Polytechnic or any other approved Institution and awarded a certificate in Librarianship.
- Have a certificate in computer application.
Printing Assistant – 5 positions
VACANCY NO. PSC/031/05/2017
Duties for the Printing Assistant Job
- Monitoring work progress as indicated in schedules and filing of records for future reference.
- Loading and unloading programs; assisting computer operators in processing keyed data; formatting of floppy diskettes; effecting corrections and keying in simple texts.
- Proof reading of documents.
- Graphic reproduction.
- Lithographic machine operation.
- Print finishing.
Printing Assistant Job Requirements
- Kenya Certificate Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C or its equivalent from a recognized institution: and
- Introduction to Printing Technology Certificate (IPT).
- Trade Test Grade III in Printing from a recognized Institution or any other relevant qualifications from recognized institutions.
Machine Operator – 5 positions
Duties for the Machine Operator Job
- Operating of photocopying machines.
- Carrying out of minor servicing and repairs of photocopying machines.
- Maintaining cleanliness of photocopying machines and machine rooms.
- Carrying out binding of documents.
Machine Operator Job Requirements
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ or its equivalent.
- Be security vetted.
- Be conversant with operations of various office machines such as photocopying, binding and stapling machines.
Audio Officer – 11 positions
VACANCY NO. PSC/033/05/2017
Audio Officer Job Responsibilities
- Operation of the Digital Recording System and ensuring general safety of the machines.
- Recording of proceedings and maintaining cleanliness of the machines.
- Testing of the Machines.
- Charging the digital recorders.
Requirements for the Audio Officer Job
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C-(Minus) and above or its equivalent.
- Have a certificate in Sound Technology or Electronics.
- Be computer literate.
Interested persons are required to make their applications specifying the position applied for and the vacancy number and attaching copies of academic certificates and/or testimonials and a duly completed Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1 J).
This form can be downloaded from the website of the Parliamentary Service Commission at www.parliament.go.ke or obtained at the reception of the Parliamentary Service Commission Secretariat on the Ground Floor, County Hall,Parliament Buildings, Parliament Road, Nairobi.
Applications should be addressed to – Clerk of the Senate/Secretary, Parliamentary Service Commission,P.O. Box 41842 – 00100, Nairobi.
or hand delivered during office hours to the Office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings, or emailed as a PDF file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 31st May, 2017.
Applicants who do not complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job
Application (Form 1J) referred to in this advertisement will NOT be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview