Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
BIHC (Boma International Hospitality Collge) was established in 2015 to address an increasing gap in the provision of qualified staff within the hospitality industry in Kenya and regionally. In 2016, BIHC partnered with the Business and Hotel Management School (BHMS), a world-class hospitality school in Luzern, Switzerland. This partnership paved the way for a dynamic educational and training approach that allows the undergraduate students to complete their 2-year diplomas in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts at our campus in Nairobi and their final bachelor year at BHMS in Switzerland.
The BIHC curriculum maintains a strong emphasis on Swiss educational traditions of balancing theoretical and practical training and this has made BIHC graduates the preferred candidates in the job market because from the onset, they perform beyond their employers’ expectations, thus saving employers, the time and money that is usually spent to train new employees. Our campus is located within the Boma Hotels complex and with an increase in demand for quality education throughout Africa, we take pride in offering world-class training and student life in a 5-star hotel environment.
BIHC is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS)
|Position Title: Operations Intern|
Reporting to: Head Of Applied Hotel Operations
Job Location: Nairobi
Summary of the Job
- Discussing and setting the development objectives for the internship period with the intern
- Providing the resources and support required to meet the requirements and development objectives of the internship
- Providing mentorship and regular feedback on performance,Issuing an internship certificate
- Discussing how to develop organization skills through experience in filing and data handling
- Understanding how to develop professionally through learning of time-management, dress code and other business etiquette
- Enabling the intern gain vital in-depth hospitality knowledge through BIHC and The Boma Hotels
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
- Conduct research to learn the skills, abilities, and credentials employers seek for internships.
- Verify students have the prerequisite education and meet all additional requirements for internship assessments.
- Help with the planning and hosting of internship events.
- Disseminate information about BIHC internships to prospective students
Qualifications & Experience
- Undertaking or just completed an undergraduate course in Hospitality Management or similar field.
- Good understanding of the latest internship trends and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a passion for hospitality
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.Must be organized and possess strong critical thinking skills
- Will develop organization skills through experience in filing and data handling
- Will be able to develop professionally through learning of time-management, dress code and other business etiquette
- Will gain vital in-depth hospitality knowledge through BIHC and The Boma Hotels
- Monthly allowance Tea breaks and lunch provided
- On-the-job training in various departments, including front office, administration and hotel operations
- Get to work and travel during internship assessments
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Thursday, 7th November 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Job disclaimer and notification: BIHC is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.