Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
NGO jobs, Project Management jobs, Health and Medical jobs,
Temporary Program Officer, Health Systems Innovation and Delivery (HSID)
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE) project is currently recruiting for a Temporary Program Officer (PO) to support vaccine implementation and system strengthening programs in Kenya. Reporting to the PAI Senior Technical Advisor, the PO position will provide technical assistance to the MOH, PATH and other implementing partners to advance Routine Immunization (RI) activities in the M-RITE implementing Counties.
We seek candidates who have at least 5 years’ experience working with immunization programs and systems, to help introduce, implement and evaluate strategies that protect children from vaccine-preventable diseases (VPD). The PO will work closely with MOH, PATH and other implementing partners both in Kenya and globally.
- Liaise with the project team and partners to ensure the successful implementation of project activities, including creating work plans, budgeting, data gathering, and reporting.
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders, including MOH, universities, NGOs, civil society, County Government technical teams, private sector partners, etc.
- Provide regular reports and updates as directed by supervisor and other staff to key stakeholders on the M-RITE project.
- Facilitate trainings and organize key events and meetings.
- Provide technical support for project activities, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and documentation in a timely manner.
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required for successful implementation of M-RITE project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Public Health, or related Social Sciences.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in Maternal and Child Health (MCH) projects with a focus on introducing, implementing and evaluating vaccination and immunization services.
- Experience in projects that involve liaising with County governments, other government institutions, WHO, USAID, UNICEF, other stakeholders, and NGOs.
- Proven ability to multi-task and collaborate work effectively with senior staff, colleagues, donors, partner organizations, stakeholders, local institutions, and others at all levels.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and an emphasis on quality.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in application of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Proven success drafting, proofreading, and editing documents.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.