Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Clinical Officers jobs,Pharmaceutical Technology jobs,Health related jobs, Community related jobs,
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Offer amazing patient experience!
- Work with clinical officers to ensure safe, economical and rational use of drugs and other pharmaceutical products
- Treat patients with empathy and understanding.
- Listen to patients and make them feel heard.
- Go above and beyond in meeting patients’ needs.
- Maintains the highest regard for patient dignity and experience.
Manage a complex formulary
- Implement high standards of drug storage, usage, cost effectiveness and ensure cleanliness of the medicine storage areas by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; preparing labels and removing outdated drugs.
- Check the expiry dates of pharmacy drugs and adhering to the SOPs in place.
- Safeguard pharmacy stocks and conduct stock takes as per the standard operating procedures.
Be an amazing teammate!
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of all the changes that occur in the Pharmaceutical field.
- Be an integral member of the whole medical centre team when it comes to providing an amazing patient experience, doing community outreach, and marketing Penda’s services.
- You are punctual to your point of work when scheduled, and you communicate with your manager in any situation where you are unable to keep time.
- Always be open to feedback from other medical centre teammates, and you offer constructive feedback to teammates as needed.
- Perform any other duties as required by the branch manager.
Qualifications and attributes for the position holder
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology and with a valid license
- Minimum 1 year experience in health or community related work.
- Ability to interact well with patients.
- Great team player with drive for results.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- General computer proficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English & Kiswahili.
- Provide comprehensive and high-quality clinical services including (history taking, examination and assessment and prescription of treatment) to patients.
- Order investigation and interpretation of results for diagnosis and explain the results to the patients and the intended treatment.
- Attend to emergencies presenting to the clinic and recommend referrals for cases that cannot be managed.
- Carry out minor surgical procedures as per Penda’s service schedules.
- Ensure that all required observations and vitals, prescribed treatment and procedures are carried out and documented on patients’ charts.
- Create phenomenal patient experiences, including counseling and sensitizing patients through health talks on preventive and promotive health.
- Embrace, learn and develop in an evidence-based medical system in line with Penda’s developed protocols.
- You may be assigned additional tasks within the medical center by the branch manager or senior clinical officer.
- Be a great teammate and go above beyond by actually making sure your teammates love their work. Work well with other colleagues and go above and beyond what is expected from you.
- 3 years of work experience after internship
- Registered with Clinical Officers Council and have a valid practicing license
- Diploma, Higher Diploma or BSC in clinical medicine
- Outstanding patient interaction skills are a must
- Great team player with drive for results and enjoys being part of a team