Physiotherapy jobs, Healthcare jobs,
- The overall purpose of this job is to carry out in-depth physiotherapy assessment, treatment, review and evaluation of patients in collaboration with healthcare workers and caregivers and in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
- Provide high quality physiotherapy assessment and intervention for patients (Referred by a doctor or self-referral) in keeping with accepted best practice standards
- Be conversant with filling insurance reports for justification of planned management.
- Communicate the plan of management to the referring doctor.
- Be conversant with the different modalities of management which are:
- Heat therapy (Hot packs & ultrasound)
- Electrotherapy (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
- Rehabilitation (Post-op & post sports therapeutic exercises)
- Manual therapy
- (Myofascial release & therapeutic massage)
- Work closely with the patients and doctors to support regular tracking of progress
- Work closely with reception staff/customer experience to ensure that booking and billing of clients is done efficiently and accurately.
- Communicate with the patient and family members alike on the importance of attending the multiple recommended sessions.
- Organize CMEs for doctors on identifying patients who require physiotherapy.
- Work closely with the marketing department to increase the number of self-referral patients by sending out broadcast messages and organizing health talks on the same.
- Report any malfunctions on physiotherapy equipment to maintenance department and follow up with maintenance department for repairs and maintenance; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Physiotherapy from a recognized institution.
- 2 Years working experience of active service in a busy clinical set up – in and outpatient.
- Registration with Physiotherapy Council of Kenya.
- Current Certificate of Practice from, the Kenya Society of Physiotherapists (KSP).
- Muscular skeletal skills, Neuro-rehabilitation skills, Cardiopulmonary skills
- Paediatrics skills, Geriatric skills, Oncology skills
- Ability to interpret radiology images & laboratory reports
- Knowledge of sport injuries
- Hydrotherapy skills
- Understanding of health and safety guidelines related to physiotherapy
- Patient care skills
- Attention to detail
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job title on the email subject (Physiotherapist), your current and expected remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to email@example.com. The application should be received not later than 5.00pm on 19th July 2023. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.