Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Business Administration jobs,Procurement jobs,NGO jobs,
Procurement & Administration Assistant (Kilifi PU)
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Front Office Management (40%)
- Act as the first point of contact for all incoming visitors and the organization switchboard and refer these to relevant department or staff members.
- Responsible for opening, closing and monitoring access to the office, using the installed security system at the main door.
- Responsible for timely payment of all utility bills.
- In liaison with the Procurement and Administration Coordinator, ensure annual renewal of all relevant county government permits.
- Manage incoming, outgoing mails and parcels while ensuring proper records are maintained for tracking purposes.
- Management of office petty cash float and adherence to set expenditure guidelines
- Ensure all administration related documents are properly filled.
- Responsible for management of office stationery and kitchen supplies while ensuring issuance and proper records are maintained.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- Ensure transparency and integrity in the procurement processes in line with Plan policies and guidelines;
- Receive, review procurement requests and Source using appropriate procurement method.
- Analyze bids and recommend selected vendor for approval;
- Prepare and Facilitate issuance of approved LPOs to vendors and follow ups to ensure quality delivery of goods and/or services.
- Liaise with the requesters to ensure goods and services requested are received and the necessary documentation satisfactorily done (goods received notes/invoices etc.);
- Process payment and ensure documentation is submitted to Finance in a timely manner
- Keep proper and an up to date filing system for all procurement documents;
- Update and share the weekly procurement tracker;
Travel and events Management (15%)
- Responsible for booking tickets and taxis for staff, stakeholders and visitors while ensuring all the relevant approvals have been granted before securing bookings.
- Reconciliation of both air and ground travel invoices against approved request before sharing with finance department for payment.
- Provide administrative support to conferences and workshops
- Maintain a database for all travels and accommodation for staff, visitors and stakeholders for accountability purposes.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) (5%)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Other duties (5%)
- Ensure procurement data integrity is maintained in the system at all times
- Support in management of fleet
- Courageous in taking a lead, focused on Plan International’s purpose and making the most effective contribution within my own work context.
- Understand and adhere to the policies, processes, practices and standards relevant to own work and keeps their knowledge and skills up to date.
- Takes responsibility for own performance and development: reflecting; seeking and listening to feedback; learning from mistakes; finding people or resources to help them learn.
- Honest and efficient in use of resources, including own time.
- Good team player, communicating effectively and being open and supportive towards those around them.
- Behaves in line with our values and safeguarding practices, inside and outside work.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Applies the Code of Conduct principles to their work activities.
- Understands their responsibilities, level of decision making and how their role contributes to the wider team.
- Understands the importance of buying and using resources to achieve value for money.
- Works in accordance to the policies and procedures relevant to their role and responsibilities.
- Uses the personal development tools available.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Degree in Business Administration /Procurement or equivalent
- At least 1-year work experience in a similar role within a busy environment / NGO
- Understanding of Plan’s business processes and strategic objectives
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Service oriented and customer centric
- Decisive, Supportive, versatile and flexible
- Cross functional team management
- Written and verbal reporting
- Works independently, self-management and personal accountability
- Role model our values and behaviors both internally and externally.
- Engages sensitively with staff and partners on issues of gender equality and inclusion, demonstrating an understanding of the local culture and context.
- Promotes equality, including gender equality, inclusion and girls’ empowerment in Plan’s work and in its work with partners
- Applies participatory influencing methodologies both internally and externally
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Ability to influence
- Uses creativity to challenge the norm and promote innovation and thinks and acts for the wider organization – linking procurement with the context of the wider organizational strategy
- Communicates effectively