Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Business Administration jobs, Public Administration jobs, Finance jobs, Economics jobs,
Under the guidance and direct supervision of DRR/OM, the Procurement Analyst supervises or is a team member of the CO Procurement Unit, responsible for effective delivery of procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money. He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement. The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the Management Support and Business Development, Operations, Programme and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Synthesis of proposals and implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Implementation of the strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
Manages and guides procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performing the functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase orders approval.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Implementation of harmonized procurement services, analysis of requirements and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Management of e-procurement module.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose problems and identifies and communicates processes to support change initiatives
- Gathers and analyses feedback from staff
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.2: Research and analysis and making recommendations on management systems
- Maintains information/databases on system design features
- Develops simple system components
- Client Orientation
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.2: Basic monitoring
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.