Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
The Nation Media Group has presence in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. We are seeking to recruit a Procurement Officer to add value to the operations of the group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective and efficient sourcing of goods and services, both locally and internationally, as per laid down procedures;
- Managing supplier/ customers relations;
- Monitoring market trends;
- Ensuring timely supply of quality goods and services that meet all specifications , company requirements and from approved suppliers;
- Analyzing and evaluating RFQ and RFP response documents, recommending the most competitive supplier (s) for engagement and adopting the appropriate purchasing model;
- Liaising with respective suppliers, clearing and forwarding agents, transporters and regulating authorities such as KRA, KEBS and KPA for timely and effective delivery of materials;
- Suppliers performance management through regular tripartite meetings with internal customers and evaluation through SAP MM system for optimal value;
- Attending internal customer meetings to better understand their requirements; and
- Contracting and contract management.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field;
- A Diploma Graduate in CIPS or equivalent professional certifications;
- At least 4 years work experience in a similar role in a reputable organization;
- Project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- High degree of integrity and honesty;
- Well conversant with contemporary procurement processes;
- Prior experience in handling IT hardware/ software purchases and digital requirements important but not a must;
- Result driven and a team player; and
- Knowledge of SAP Materials Management module.
How to Apply
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Interested candidates should apply before 22nd September 2019 through the following link