Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Sales Jobs, Gap Recruitment Jobs,
Sales Executive Job – Fresh Produce
Our client is located in Isinya dealing with tomatoes and vegetables commercial farming, targeting both the domestic and export markets. They seek to hire a smart and highly motivated sales executive who will be tasked with promoting the farm produce and generating revenue.
Job title: Sales Executive – Fresh Produce
Salary: 45k + Commissions
- Source for markets in which to sell the fresh farm produce
- List the farm products in supermarkets, grocery outlets and restaurants
- Regular reports on sales and business performance
- Conversant with greenhouse technology especially in tomato and capsicum farming
- Conversant with vegetable and animal markets and their consumption patterns especially in Nairobi and its environs
- Should be well versed in all vegetables and animal farming.
- Should be conversant with green house technology in tomato and capsicum farming.
- Should be well versed and conversant with all vegetable and their consumption patterns in Nairobi and its environs.
- Should have rich and precise strategies on disposing huge volumes of tomatoes and vegetable to markets.
- Should be able to create and sustain a huge client base for consumption of vegetable.
- They should be ready to work in a farm based in Isinya.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- A Degree/Diploma in Sales, Marketing, Agribusiness and related field.
- At least 2 -3 years’ sales experience in sales
- Experience in Agricultural Industry is an added advantage.
- Should be well versed in vegetable farming
- Consistent track record in achieving sales targets
- A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Sales Executive – Fresh Produce) to email@example.com by or before Monday 25th May 2020
Farm Manager Job
Our client is located in Isinya dealing with commercial farming, targeting both the domestic and export markets. They are seeking to hire a farm manager who will be responsible for operational efficiency and be responsible in making a business case for the farm.
Job title: Farm Manager
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- Managing all on-farm activities to include planning of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting, sorting, packaging, pruning, pest control, record keeping, maintenance of standards of health and safety as per G.A.P Certificate
- Overall welfare of the plants in order to meet the 90% yield quota
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, pruning, packaging, grading and equipment maintenance
- Marketing of farm produce and Coordination with logistics and sales staff to ensure correct timing of harvest-ready produce
- Efficient utilization of farm labour to avoid high wage bill, and cutting down on unnecessary farm costs
- Stock-taking of farm Inputs and know when re-order levels are due
- Implement a farm records management system, and timely updates to management on progress status
- Prepare annual, bi-annual work plans and break then down into short to midterm work plans
- Report progress against work plans weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Embrace innovative ways to farming, advising on best practice
- Ensure adherence to Horticultural Crops Development Authority regulations, including Food Safety and Quality, Environment Safety and Workers Welfare, Health and Safety
- Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation of sale
- Implement farm safety procedures at all times
- Degree in agricultural economics, agronomy, agriculture
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a commercial farm environment, managing farm assets and farm labour
- experience and knowledge about cultivating common greenhouse crops.
- Committed to working in a remote environment
- Candidates aged 28 – 40 years are preferred
- Deep knowledge of agrochemicals and the permissible residue levels for various markets.
- Must be conversant with greenhouse and open field farming technology
- Keen on learning, growing, and contributing to a small team of experienced people in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently while constantly informing management using reports, charts and memos.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Farm Manager – Isinya) to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Monday 25th May 2020