Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Position: DevOps Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Technology, working closely with technology team and all Ol Pejeta Ranching Ltd staff. The incumbent will develop software and software fixes to integrate internal systems. The DevOps engineer will ensure code quality, test and distribute code updates, and monitor the health and stability of software solutions and servers.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Specific duties include:-
- Responsible for building software and testing the new code
- Responsible for releasing new features across the organization and making sure those releases are stable.
- Automate the development, testing, and integration of software releases/fixes
- Apply cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP etc) computing skills to deploy code, upgrades and fixes
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
The person To be successful in this role, applicants should meet the following criteriaBachelor’s Degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and IoT is key
- 3+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Expertise in code deployment tools.
- Proficient in Python, NodeJS, Java and VueJS.
- Sound knowledge of SQL Databases especially Postgres.
- Experience in container management preferably Docker.
- Excellent interpersonal awareness and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team and cope with work pressure.
- Strong analytical with excellent planning and execution skills;
Any person who wishes to be considered for this position is requested to submit their application letters together with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials/references and any valid professional licenses to Head of Human Capital by Friday, 21st February 2020.
Our contacts are:
Ol Pejeta Conservancy P.O. Box Private Bag, Nanyuki -10400 Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mail subject as:- DevOps Engineer
Position: FUNDRAISING ASSOCIATE – ADOPTION CENTRE
Reporting to the Communications and Events Coordinator and working closely with the Voluntary Giving and Communications Specialist. The position’s key objective is to ensure smooth and efficient running of the Ol Pejeta Conservancy Adoption Centers. Duties also extend to welcoming, handling and managing donor(s) needs during their visit to the adoption centers. The role holder will be responsible and accountable for all monies/ donations received and administered through the adoption centres.
Specific duties include:-
- Ensure that all administrative, maintenance and management procedures are practiced with regards to on the ground adoptions and sponsorships and the handling of all cash, Mpesa, online and credit card collections.
- Prepare daily donations reconciliations and reports to be used by the Fundraising Department for decision-making.
- Ensure all donor records and adoption sales are entered into the tablet and thereafter recorded into Salesforce.
- Price, stack and display adoption packs and keep the adoptions center tidy and attractive.
- Participate in stock taking (counting and describing the goods in stock).
- Manage stock lists, minimum stock levels and advance plan re-ordering of items.
- Package stock and manage stock in and out movement from the communications office.
- Arrange for the repair or replacement of damaged stock, or advise on necessary repairs and replacements. Keep records of losses incurred and share with the fundraising management.
- Follow correct procedures to welcome donors in an enthusiastic and confident manner and be attentive to donors needs, giving information about the different adoptions packages available.
- Ensure high level of up to date knowledge and understanding of the adoptions offered, about the species, the situations that have led to the protection/ refuge of the animals. Ability to educate the donor about how the funds will be used and shall make a difference.
- To actively promote the importance of donations, fundraising and other income within the adoption centres and to the general public and to work with others to increase income.
- To work in partnership with the other adoption centre on the conservancy,
- Be aware of what all customers are doing in the adoption centers, so as to: a) be attentive to interests and needs and b) to guard against shoplifting.
The person To be successful in this role, applicants should meet the following criteria
- Minimum ‘O’ levels education
- Experience: Minimum of 2 year of relevant experience working a busy retail outlet, or in customer care environment
Key skills and qualities:
Basic numeracy, computer and cash handling skills. Good communicator, confident, presentable and a good team player. Good knowledge in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
Any person who wishes to be considered for this position is requested to submit their application letters together with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials/references and any valid professional licenses to the Head of Human Capital by Friday, 21st February 2020.
Our contacts are: Ol Pejeta Conservancy P.O. Box Private Bag, Nanyuki -10400 Or send an email to email@example.com with the mail subject as FUNDRAISING ASSOCIATE – ADOPTION CENTRE