Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Council of Governors jobs, Jobs in Kenya
Department: Finance Department
Job Type: Full-Time
Duration: 3 Years
Posted: 20th January 2020
Closing Date: 29th January 2020
Audit Committee Members Vacancy at Council of Governors (2 Posts)
Pursuant to the provisions of the Public Finance Management Act, 2012 and the Public Finance Management (Regulations) 2015, the Council of Governors invites applications to fill the above position.
Responsibilities for the Audit Committee Member
- Provide strong and effective oversight of the Council’s Internal Audit function;
- Promote effective and efficient audit process by providing an independent review of the internal audit work plans and reports;
- Evaluate internal and external audit reports and make appropriate recommendations;
- Evaluate the adequacy of the control environment to ensure high standards and functioning of the financial and non-financial internal control system;
- Ensure the integrity and transparency of the Council’s Financial Reporting Process, and regularly undertake an independent review of the Council’s financial statements;
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Council’s performance management and performance information;
- Review the level of compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and promote a culture committed to lawful and ethical behavior.
Qualifications for the Audit Committee Member
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: –Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Possession of a master’s degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications relevant to their field and be a member in good standing of the relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK, IIA, IHRM, ICPSK.
- At least ten (10) years professional experience in any of the following fields: – Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field at senior management level in a busy, reputable public or private organization;
- Have a thorough understanding of the relevant legislations, best practices and emerging issues in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Law and other related fields.
- Have a good understanding of the mandate of the Council of Governor.
- Government operations and financial management system.
- Be a person of integrity, demonstrated professional competence and strong interpersonal skills;
- Not be a present employee or past employee of the Council of Governors for the last two (2) years;
- Be compliant with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity, and must obtain clearance from the following institutions: -Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission, Criminal Investigations
- Department, Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board and any of the Credit Reference Bureau
Terms and Conditions of Service
Members of the committee shall:
- Be appointed for a term of three (3) years, renewable for a further one term subject to satisfactory performance.
- Serve on a part-time basis.
- Be paid allowances at rates determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their, Application Letter, CV with names and addresses of three referees and a copy each of ID, Certificates, and relevant testimonials to e-mail address; email@example.com, indicating the name of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email, on or before Wednesday 29th January 2020.
Persons living with disabilities and persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.