Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
|Salary:||KES 1,030,750 Gross per annum|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Full Time:||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||14 Oct 2019|
|Interview date:||To be confirmed|
|Start date:||December 2019|
VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The Project Administrator will be responsible for supporting the ICS project at the community level, supervising and supporting a pair of volunteer Team Leaders to provide adequate pastoral support to a team of UK and Kenyan volunteers, and facilitating learning for Team Leaders and Volunteers during placement period and post placement period in Kibwezi.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Essential criteria (must have to be able to carry out the role successfully)
• A Bachelor’s degree preferably in social sciences, education and or business development
• At least 2 years’ experience in project development and management in youth livelihoods/ and education interventions with evidenced participation and impact on the key actors.
• Proven experience working with and providing support to youth from a wide range of backgrounds including People with Disabilities.
• Proven ability to facilitate learning in a non-formal environment for employment, entrepreneurship and active citizenship.
• Experience in designing and evaluating youth development projects
• Experience working with youth and their families in education or livelihood initiatives
• Experience in developing and using monitoring and evaluation tools and participatory methodologies in research and M&E
• Sufficient experience of working with volunteers to understand the key factors which make volunteer placements viable, effective and rewarding.
• Experience of managing budgets and undertaking accounting procedures.
• Able to develop clear and realistic plans to deliver agreed objectives within deadlines, involving key individuals in the planning process.
• Knowledge of issues which are common to communities in developing countries
• Experience of promoting learning about development issues
• Direct and substantial experience of working cross-culturally and able to communicate to a range of audiences and promote sharing and learning between cultures
• Possession of strong written and communication skills needed for writing reports, publicity materials and corresponding with a wide-range of community members
• Significant experience of working in a supervisory role. Proven ability to promote self-awareness, learning and development among individuals
• Team player
• Flexibility to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organization with progressive work standards.
• Commitment to VSO’s values
• Willingness and ability to develop an understanding of basic programmatic work within VSO
Desirable Criteria: (skills that could be an advantage in the role)
• Knowledge and experience on disability rights and inclusion practices
• Knowledge and experience in advocacy and policy processes
• Experience working with international NGOs
• Experience working in rural communities
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here to Make an Application
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview