How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Project Coordinator Job Opportunity at ChildFund
ChildFund is an international child-centered development organization. We are a member of the ChildFund Alliance; a global network of 12 organizations that assists more than 15 million children in 58 countries around the world. We work with partners in communities throughout Asia, Africa, the Americas and the United States to change the underlying conditions that prevent children from achieving their potential. ChildFund Kenya, a reputable Non-Governmental Organisation is seeking to recruit a self-motivated and dynamic individual to spearhead the implementation of a new project on Integrated Early Childhood Development (IECD) which will be implemented in Samburu East and Samburu North Sub-Counties. The goal of the IECD project is to support young children, 0-5 years and their caregivers in Samburu East and Samburu North Sub-Counties to have equitable access to and utilize community based integrated ECD services through improved coordination of Sub-county and County programs for ECD; provision of accessible quality ECD services to at least 1,750 children and implementation of the Care for Child Development (CCD) model that links health and nutrition interventions in 9 health facilities to improve caregiving practices.
Tracking Code: 302887-818
Location: Samburu, Kenya
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Reporting to: Program Manager
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of the project, in particular conceptual strategic leadership, high quality contract deliverables/compliance, and documentation.
Working closely with the ECD Specialist, the Grants Coordinator, M&E officer, partner CBOs (local partners), and other stakeholders on the ground, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Overall project management, including the development and execution of the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP) in line with the approved plans.
- Ensure plans are implemented according to approved budget and donor guidelines, and that ChildFund procedures and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate project activities and use the information to improve project quality.
- Mobilize communities including caregivers, local leaders and other project partners/stakeholders towards project services provision and up-take.
- Pro-actively identify risks related to contract compliance and prescribe, implement and manage corrective actions.
- Timely preparation and submission of quality progress reports that meet ChildFund’s and donor requirements as stipulated in the contract.
- Document lessons learnt and best /promising practices for experience sharing and replication and maintain accurate project records.
- Ensure staffs involved in project implementation adhere to ChildFund’s programming principles, procurement, administrative and financial policies.
- Engage relevant County Government departments and ministries including health, education and children services in project implementation, joint planning and monitoring.
- Organize and participate in targeted trainings for project staff and beneficiaries at community and County levels.
- Work closely with the County government, communities and other ECD stakeholders to ensure sustainability
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the organization
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualification in Development studies or Social Sciences with minimum 3 years’ experience in ECD project design, Implementation, monitoring, evaluation and donor contract management. Specific academic qualification in ECD will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with young children 0-5 years and caregivers
- Ability to work with minimum supervision manages multiple priorities, and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience implementing programs with Community Based Organizations
- Training and facilitation skills and experience are required.
- Team Player with excellent communication and community mobilization skills
- High level of credibility and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and report writing skills