Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Project Officer,Project Management jobs,Community Sensitization jobs,World Vision Kenya jobs,
Project Officer – Peace Building
Peace Building management in the AP
- Provide support for responsible and accountable management and coordination of the ECaP activities in Kakuma and Kalobeyei in accordance with WV Policies and guidelines to WV Kenya.
- Promote good stewardship and high accountability through efficient and economical utilization of resources in the project
- Liaise closely with the Project Manager, Senior Manager Disaster Management and AP Manager in all matters pertaining to effective management and implementation of Peace Building activities in the area program.
- Liaise with the Project Manager and the Senior Manager Disaster Management to handle visitors including donors, partners, support offices and national office staff visiting the project.
- Work closely with other peace stakeholder in Turkana County to foster peace in Kakuma and Kalobeyei.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Carry out project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Execute activities as per ECaP Detailed Implementation Plan timely and responsibly
- Monitor progress of activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on LEAP framework.
- Participate in program design process specifically in assessments and generating community priority needs in Peace Building
- Generate regular monthly, quarterly and annual site Peace Building reports
- Support ECaP staff and partners to implement and monitor project activities towards realization of project outputs in a timely and effective manner
- Participate in project periodic review meetings
Representation and Networking
- Represent ECaP in Peace Building Forums at the field level and establish strategic partnerships with other organizations
- Establish and liaise closely with other partners, agencies and local leaders regarding project activities to ensure and promote a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings and to keep the Project Manager and the National Peace Building Coordinator informed on the same
- Develop a network of gathering and documenting of information relevant to Peace Building operations
- Establish appropriate contacts with local counterparts at the County and neighboring counties.
Community mobilization and sensitization
- Assist communities identify their priorities, opportunities and resources for effective Peace Building project implementation
- Facilitate communities to fully participate in project activities for enhanced community ownership and sustainability of Peace Building program through sports, cultural events, national and international events
- Facilitate awareness creation and sensitization of communities in Peace Building
- Enhance synergies within the communities to achieve integration and attainment of regional peace objectives
- Facilitate peace forums aimed at promoting peace in communities including elders dialogue sessions, women forums and Peace Committee forums
- Facilitate identification and capacity building of community leadership and community based organizations in Peace Building matters
- Enhance and sensitize communities and partners in Local Capacities for Peace (LCP) and ensure LCP and Do No Harm (DNH) principles are mainstreamed in development planning across different sectors of the project
Staff Care and Spiritual Leadership
- Participate in staff devotions
- Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time