Land Economics jobs, Real Estate Management jobs,
Job Ref. No. JLIL145
- The role holder is responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of the Jubilee owned buildings.
- The role holder is required to ensure that the buildings are well-maintained, safe, and meet the needs of the occupants.
- Lastly, the role holder plays a crucial role in ensuring the efficient operation of the facilities and creating a positive environment for tenants or occupants, while ensuring compliance to the set policies and procedures.
- Building Maintenance: Coordinate and oversee maintenance activities, including repairs, renovations, and preventive maintenance programs. Ensure that the building’s infrastructure, systems, and equipment are properly maintained and comply with safety regulations. Supervising and participating in preventive maintenance of buildings, including floors, walls, ceilings, doors, windows, locks, fixtures, and furniture
- Facility Management: Manage and supervise the cleaning, security, waste management, and other facility-related services. Ensure that the building is clean, secure, and well-maintained at all times.
- Tenant Relations: Serve as the primary point of contact for tenants or occupants regarding any facility-related issues or concerns. Address tenant complaints, resolve conflicts, and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- The role holder will ensure a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees, and assist in monitoring employee productivity, and providing suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- The role holder assesses maintenance and repair needs on all mechanical systems and equipment and performs light maintenance tasks, as well as evaluates and supervises building staff, assigns work tasks, and trains new employees.
- Responsible for managing community areas within the building property and prepare them for scheduled events.
- Enforce building security and safety policies, and train staff members on proper policy protocols, as well as manage all emergency situations.
- Checking grounds, buildings and equipment, and recording need for repair and replacements and reporting the same
- Providing clear and complete documentation of all activities within the facility and giving orientations to rental groups as necessary
- Enforcing building and safety regulations, notifying proper maintenance personnel when facility problems arise and communicating to staff and patrons through communication systems
- Planning and conducting a preventive maintenance program; training new employees; maintaining adequate levels of janitorial and maintenance supplies; as well as keeping records and preparing reports
- Working with employees to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Conduct regular inspections of the building and identify maintenance and repair needs.
- Respond promptly to building emergencies and take appropriate actions to mitigate risks and ensure occupant safety.
- Manage building systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and security, to ensure their efficient operation.
- Coordinate and oversee renovation and remodeling projects, including planning, budgeting, and contractor management.
- Stay updated on industry trends, new technologies, and regulations related to building maintenance and operations.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with building codes, safety regulations, and environmental standards.
- Adherence to the laws and regulations of Kenya and all internal company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and establishing mitigation measures against emerging business risks.
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship while maintaining a conducive work environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop initiatives that promote a positive and inclusive company culture.
- Individualized Development Planning: Create personalized development plans that align with your career aspirations and the organization’s objectives.
- Problem-solving: Aptitude for identifying and resolving building maintenance issues.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with building occupants, contractors, and vendors.
- Organization: Excellent organizational skills to prioritize tasks, manage resources, and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail: Keen eye for detail to identify maintenance needs and ensure quality standards are met.
- Technical expertise: Knowledge of building systems and equipment, maintenance procedures, and relevant regulations.
- Customer service: Commitment to providing excellent service to building occupants and addressing their needs.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics, Real Estate Management or any other related fields.
- Student Member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya.
- Diploma in Technical Education – Building, Mechanical, Civil or Electrical is an added advantage.
- Additional certifications in building maintenance, facilities management, or related areas.
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in a similar role.
Method of Application
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, Please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 9th July 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.