Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Laikipia University is a Public Chartered University located 11 kms from Nyahururu Town along Nyahururu -Nakuru Road and 50 kms from Nakuru along Nakuru –Nyahururu road. Laikipia University is seeking to recruit suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position.
Public Health Officer I Grade 9 – 1 Post Ref. No. LU/AD/3/09/19
- Be holders of a Diploma in Environmental Health Science or Public Health from recognized institution;
- In addition they must have a post-qualification experience of at least 3 years’ experience as a Public Health Officer in a large Government institution;
- Holders of a degree in Environmental Health Science will also be considered.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise staff under them;
- Inspection of food premises, hostels and staff houses to ensure public health standards are maintained;
- Inspection of meat and other foods;
- Participate in immunization programme within the University;
- Participate in provision of health education;
- Participate in medical examination for food handlers;
- Advise in the control and prevention of insects vectors of disease;
- Collect water samples of bacterial examination and chemical analysis;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
How to Apply
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and must attach the following:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance certificate from CRB.
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of applications giving details of age, education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicants’ telephone number and email address, and enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and give names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence and area of specialization. Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned. The name and reference number of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P)
P.O. Box 1100-20300
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
NYAHURURU – KENYA
So as to reach him not later than 25th September, 2019
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.