Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Business Management jobs,Supply Chain jobs, Procurement jobs,
Supply Chain Officer
- Carries out procurement in compliance with DRC and relevant external rules/regulations in a timely manner with a value-for-money lens and with a high level of integrity; ensuring all procurements are thoroughly documented and properly archived and that items are received in good time and meet requestor specification
- Execute purchase requisitions by sending request for invitations, receiving bids, analyzing and raising of orders and follow up on deliveries of orders with suppliers
- Ensure that the filing system to record and archive all procurements is rigorously maintained.
- Ensure close tracking of all service contracts issued by the country programme including lease agreements, security services contracts, ISPs, Insurances,
- Maintains, disseminates and follows-up on procurement tracking and spending and provides needed analysis; manages all import/export issues; ensures lessons and feedback from procurements are documented and acted on.
- Undertake regular analysis of market prices for the Kenya Program Price List
- Support in ensuring documented adherence to procurement plans in all DRC KE locations in close liaison with relevant managers
- Assist in auditing payment documents, raising and processing payments submitted to Nairobi office
R2. Asset & Inventory Management:
- Ensures DRC warehouses and stock are managed according to DRC and international standards and items are disposed of as per DRC and donor rules/regulations;
- Ensure that procured stocks are received, registered, and dispatched in an efficient and accountable manner.
- Ensure that the filing system of records of all stock movements are documented for rigorous archiving when required for audit
- Conduct physical stock checks periodically and investigates discrepancies.
- Support the establishment/decommissioning of DRC warehouses; ensures adherence to warehouse safety standards including insurance.
- Receive supplies from vendors and raise relevant documents, check and count of incoming stock and reconcile it with requisitions and purchase orders
- Responsible for accurate assets registration, tracking, tagging, and archiving of asset lists/registers and in DRC Dynamics ERP system
- In collaboration with field based SCOs, ensure appropriate documentation of all assets in the field and report any damage.
- Quarterly, conduct a physical verification of all assets in the Assets Register to ensure that all asset inventory is tagged, recorded and reported to management in accordance of DRC’s guidelines.
- Oversees repair/maintenance of office/compound assets, equipment and machines as needed.
- Take a lead in sharing Procurement Status Report (PSR) per DRC Dynamics and other related procurement reports
- Any other duties as assigned by management
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, and inventory management
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
- Proven experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System; with experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 as an added advantage
- Proven ability in the implementation of large-scale logistics and programs with large-scale procurement requirements
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with heavy workloads and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Management/Supply Chain or Procurement
- Professional courses like CIPs an added advantage
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili