Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Managerial jobs, Public Administration jobs, Business Administration jobs, International Relations jobs, Law jobs, Finance jobs, HR jobs, Logistics jobs,
Regional Head, Corporate Services
Job Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Regional Director, this position is responsible for overseeing and supporting teams working within each of the areas below:
As required, the Regional Director will directly engage on certain files such as HR, Finance and legal as necessary.
Coordination of Corporate Services
- Provide strategic coordination and act as a trusted advisor to the Regional Director in matters pertaining to the areas of responsibilities.
- Advise Senior Management on corporate issues to ensure overall organizational coherence and coordination and proper risk management, compliance and oversight.
- Lead the development of meaningful corporate systems, programs, policies and tools, the effective delivery of corporate services and the efficient provisions of administrative support across the Region.
- Oversee the work of technical teams under his/her supervision and prepare region-wide corporate policies and procedures, compliant with global standards with an aim to enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of IFRC.
Service Delivery and improvement
- Lead financial planning, management and monitoring of resources for their effective and efficient delivery.
- Ensure the effective and efficient provision of administrative services (e.g., meetings and conferences, translation and interpreting, archiving, insurance, travel, building and office) in the region.
- Oversee the establishment of a cohesive approach to all aspects of human resources management – including talent acquisition and management, staff development, HR analytics and reporting, performance, learning and development, compensation and benefits and compliance.
- Oversee the provision of independent high quality legal advisory services to the Regional Office and Country Cluster Delegations / Country Delegations and fit for purpose contracting processes and tools.
- Support the delivery of Secretariat digital business transformation as well as a high-quality IT infrastructure and telecommunications services, and facilitates regional alignment, collaboration and coherence on delivering the Federation´s digital transformation strategy at membership level.
- Lead overall coordination and management of regional supply chain activities while ensuring that resources are in line with the Federation´s GLS strategy. Ensure that procurement objectives are met and aims to optimize service quality and cost/commercial effectiveness.
- Oversee the effective implementation of IFRC’s business continuity policy and ensure coordination and alignment to the global policy while considering national contexts and legal frameworks.
- Responsible for the planning, management and monitoring the Business Continuity plan at regional and country level. Support National Societies in the realm of Business Continuity as needed.
(NOTE:2023 UN Jobs - Ongoing Recruitment. Get More Details Here.)
Job Duties And Responsibilities (continued)
- Ensure that all IFRC structures and operations in the region are compliant with the Minimum-Security Requirements (MSR). Provide adequate protection for all personnel, assets, and operations under IFRC responsibility by ensuring all identified safety and security threats are prevented or mitigated.
- Ensure that comprehensive and effective 24/7 security management has a positive impact on operational practices. Ensure that all security management procedures and policies in place are adequately developed and financed.
- Provide strategic direction to all National society services pertaining to corporate services, in coordination with the Membership Services.
- Represent the IFRC by participating in external networking and cooperation with a view to contribute to projects of common interest and to share best practices.
- Responsible for PNS services and integration agreements.
- Represent the IFRC in all official forums related to corporate services as well as external stakeholders, including in particular donors, financial partners, financial service providers, auditors, external HR Partners, lawyers, suppliers, logistics companies, local authorities when required.
Internal Control Framework
- Establish and oversee a rigorous internal control environment in the region, including all countries and operations including in relations to the National Societies. Supervise the implementation of internal control deficiencies or performance improvement observations resulting from external and internal audit reports and provide timely updates across the region and to OIAI.
- Responsible for identifying risks within their work area, monitoring the development of the risks, and implementing risk responses or escalating to the Director when necessary.
Effective matrix and people management
- Ensure a well-managed team while promoting a culture of performance and continuous learning.
- Contribute to the effective coordination with IFRC offices across the region and those National Societies integrated under IFRC status Agreement.
- Master´s degree in management, public administration, business administration, international relations, law, finance, HR, logistics or other relevant field of study; or a first-level university degree combined with extensive relevant experience.
- Qualification or certification in project management
- At least ten years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, administration, human resources management, Legal, IT, digital transformation, supply chain, business continuity and security etc.
- At least 7 years of experience managing staff.
- At least 7 years of experience managing multi-disciplined and complex teams.
- Strong experience working in an international, multicultural, and pluri-disciplinary environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Leadership skills.
- Professional credibility, strong analytical skills, and ability to work at various levels of complexity.
- Communication, networking, and representation skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Strategic analysis, systematic planning, and implementation skills and ability to translate strategy into reality.
- Excellent collaborative and teamwork skills.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to negotiate while maintaining effective working relations.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish, or Arabic).