How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created under Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and in accordance with the United Nations Principles relating to the Status of National Institutions (Paris Principles). KNCHR’s mandate includes furthering the protection and promotion of human rights in Kenya, acting as a watchdog over the Government in the area of human rights, and the provision of Leadership in moving the country towards a human rights respecting state. KNCHR fulfils its human rights mandate through five Directorates including: Complaints and Investigations, Research, Advocacy and Outreach, Legal Services, Regional Services and Corporate Services. The Commission has offices in Nairobi, Wajir, Kitale, Mombasa, Kisumu and Nyahururu.
KNCHR hereby invites applications for the following position:
Research & Compliance Officer – Research & Compliance
REF: KNCHR/ADM/ SO /12/2019
Location: Nairobi with occasional travel
This position is responsible for conducting research on various human rights issues with the objective of informing the Commission’s interventions in relation to legislation, policy and implementation of human rights concerns and that the State complies with regional and international human rights standards.
- Preparing and developing data collection tools/instruments;
- Conducting research on identified thematic areas of human rights including desk reviews and field data collection; compiling and disseminating reports.. .
- Participate in monitoring, conducting reviews and generating periodic reports on state compliance with its regional and international human rights obligations under treaties and conventions
- Support the work on monitoring the rights of persons with disabilities in line with the Commission’s mandate
- Participate in reviewing policies and legislation to ensure compliance with human rights principles and standards
- Participate in generating advisories for submission to relevant actors on human rights issues
- Support stakeholders’ engagements
Skills, Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: International Relations and Diplomacy, Law, Education, Arts, Anthropology, History, Sociology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- One (1) year relevant experience in a reputable organization;
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution;
- Knowledge and experience in research methodologies; and
- Met the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions:-
•Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
•Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
•Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
•Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
•Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer which offers a competitive remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience. Qualified female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you possess the above qualities, please submit your applications manually through the post office or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, and the Ref No. on both the cover letter and envelope, together with a detailed C.V, names and telephone contacts of three referees one of whom should be your immediate supervisor, to reach us by 13th August 2019
The Commission Secretary,
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor
P. O. Box 74359-00200