Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Business Administration jobs, Public Policy jobs,Education jobs, International Development jobs,
Chief of Party, Kenya Tusome Early Grade Reading Activity (Follow-On)
- Lead the coordination of program activities among a diverse group of stakeholders and beneficiaries including the Ministry of Education, Teachers’ Service Commission, various parastatals, county level officers, civil society, and other activity partners.
- Manage project activities: 1) through the annual work plan and budgeting process; 2) by creating/maintaining an effective management team; and 3) through effective monitoring and evaluation and the use of collaboration, learning, and adapting principles
- Manage technical and administrative personnel, as well as subcontractors and grantees in the implementation of a large, complex activity to improve student learning outcomes.
- Initiate and drive coordination with other education activities implemented by other education stakeholders, such as USAID-funded partners, GPE, UNICEF, African Development Bank, and the World Bank.
- Ensure that all activities conform to the terms and conditions of project requirements, including cost, schedule and quality parameters.
- Serve as primary liaison to USAID/Kenya and the Ministry of Education on management and strategic issues to maximize impact at scale, minimize costs, and maximize efficiency and sustainability in achieving project requirements.
- Represent RTI, USAID and the project with key beneficiaries and stakeholders in public and international forums.
- Provide overarching leadership and direction across all technical and functional areas including technical implementation, monitoring and evaluation, finance, operations, reporting, communications, and human resources.
- Manage and control funds and other resources for the project and associated sub-contracts and grants under contract as required.
- Prepare status reports, budget information and other documentation as needed.
- Develop and implement practices to ensure a high level of staff morale and retention.
- Remain in close contact with the home office, providing regular presentations and updates about the project’s progress.
- Bachelors’ degree in education, international development, or other relevant field and 15 years of experience, or Master’s and 12 years of experience, or PhD and 8 years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing complex international donor-funded development activities. This experience should have direct oversight and accountability for project deliverables and should include experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, private sector leaders, civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of international development contracting policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to travel and work throughout Kenya.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Preferred experience in similar international education intervention activities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Preferred 5 years of experience managing project deliverables for international education programs, including experience working with Ministries of Education, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders that work in education programming.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development and professional development is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of USAID policies and procedures
- Oral and written communication skills in Kiswahili preferred.
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant (Grade O – Project Management)
- The implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan, will be fulfilled through the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Follow and promote timely and correct archiving of the different tools of monitoring through constant contact and collaboration with the regional and departmental actors included in the implementation plan.
- Support the organization and the implementation of the activities of strengthening of the capacities of the actors in collection, management, and control of the quality of the data.
- Participate in sessions and missions of support and control of the quality of data.
- Support the processing back up data (capture, archiving, analysis) with the aid of manual and electronic tools.
- Support the production of periodical M&E standardized reports as well as special reports of analysis as needed.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or a related field with at least three years of experience in monitoring & evaluation;
- Experience in M&E capacity building for individuals and organizations required;
- Previous M&E experience in a donor funded program desired;
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators; designing and conducting small-scale operations research studies; and good working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics required;
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude;
- Administrative experience with ability to perform computations preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, work well with others and work independently.
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.
- Flexible to travel
Grants Specialist Consultant
The holder of this position will be accountable to the Grants Manager. He/ she will be expected to have oversight responsibility of the closeout process partner grantees ensuring that RTI/KCDMS standard closeout processes are adhered to and completed in a timely manner.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree in business administration, public policy, or another similar field.
Statistical and analytical knowledge is an added advantage.
Prior experience in project management, financial management and/or grants management; Experience with in grants management preferred.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.