Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Accounting Jobs, Technical Support Engineer, IT jobs,
Principal Accountant; Tax – (21000519)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Tax department of the Finance Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Group Tax, the role holder will ensure tax compliance is adhered to by complying with tax controls, procedures and processes that are in place, in addition to identifying and supporting areas of tax planning to enhance operation efficiencies within the business.
- Proactively advise and support the wider business in providing and coordinating tax advice on the implications of key transactions and ad hoc projects, including related party transactions.
- Identify and ensure that legislative changes are reviewed and adopted in a timely manner, including implementation of system changes where necessary.
- Manage relationships with the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and external tax service providers for tax-related queries and changes in tax legislation specific to the telecommunication industry.
- Research solutions and risk mitigation for any emerging tax issues across the Group.
- Prepare the Group’s periodic (monthly and annual) accounting (income and deferred tax) provisions and related financial statement disclosures, including tax planning and forecasting reports.
- Coordinate with external tax advisors on Kenya corporation tax computations and returns and ensure timely submissions.
- Ensure monthly tax returns (VAT, excise duty and withholding tax) are prepared and submitted to the KRA within prescribed timelines, including payment of the corresponding tax liabilities, including review and payment of customs duties and levies.
- Oversight of PAYE for payroll purposes.
- On an ongoing basis, review the overall management of tax compliance processes within the Group (Tax health check).
- Work with, and where required provide training to the Finance and Support and Business Units’ teams to ensure optimization of tax efficiencies and mitigation of tax exposures within the controls environment.
- University degree from a recognized university in Law, Finance or business-related fields.
- At least one full professional qualification in accounting e.g. CPA, ACCA CTA or an equivalent.
- 6 years’ experience in progressive tax finance roles, including tax reporting, compliance and accounting.
- In depth experience and technical knowledge of tax accounting and disclosures for accounting purposes, including deferred tax and prior year adjustments.
- Experience in proactive management of tax matters, keeping up to date with changes in the regulatory environment and dealing with Tax Authorities will be an added advantage.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with confidence and influence diverse stakeholders.
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Fixed Technical Support Engineer – (21000458)
We are pleased to announce the following positionin Networks within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Home Solutions: Technical Support, the position holder will Provide Support and Maintenance of all passive and active components of FTTX network.
- To be a Single Point of Contact for Safaricom Fiber infrastructure Faults and Ensuring restorations are done to the original build specification.
- Providing Excellent Customer Experience by scheduling visits to resolve service issues for FTTH customers and ensure the contractors adhere to stipulated code of conduct at customer premises.
- Performing Network acceptance according to agreed Guidelines and checklist following the Delivery Milestones for Provisional, Operational and Final acceptance.
- To offer Fault Diagnosis, Prioritization, Oversee the resolution process, verify service restoration and provide root cause analysis of failure.
- To give Monthly preventive maintenance reporting and scheduling regular inspection of fiber and PM activities together with contractor.
- Analysing the risk and Propose Fiber Relocation Plans in case of Road, water & sewerage expansion, Power Utilities, new building facilities and checking for Geological changes that will affect the current locations of fiber.
- Ensuring fiber network Resiliency and availability by Performing and documenting disaster recovery tests.
- Ensuring all maintenance works is done according to Safaricom Health & Safety policies and change Management process.
- Providing spares and materials forecast for maintenance works and overseeing Spare’s usage and availability in correct specification, Quantity and storage.
- Performing regular on ground Audits to maintain accurate database and NQMs on Fibre routes, Duct Usage, Manholes, cable usage, fiber cores utilization and labelling.
- To provide proper Supplier management to ensure lower MTTR through temporary restoration to bring up service within SLA and close on Permanent restoration.
- Working closely with Fiber Planning and implementation teams on new fiber works in the Region and Confirm the As-built network is per the work package.
- Managing spend associated with Maintenance projects by developing Opex savings initiatives.
- To act as the Safaricom representative in the Region towards the general public and local authorities (County Governments, KENHA, KURA, Railway) Landlords and other 3rd parties in managing permits and right of ways.
- Liaising with Safaricom Security teams in apprehending vandalisms.
- Safaricom Security teams in apprehending vandalisms.
- Ensure availability of devices and services on the GPON access network.
- Participate in projects as assigned
- Participate in core IP transport and access network optimization
- Perform BNG, OLT node and service integration and acceptance
- Network topology documentation and improvement
- Inventory management of devices, tools and IP parameters (addresses and Vlans)
- Process documentation and improvement.
- Track QOS affecting parameters e.g., utilization and latencies on the core transport and access networks.
- 24/7 support for core IP transport and enterprise networks
- BSc in either Electrical & electronics engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or telecommunication engineering.
- 3+ years of direct IP transport Network Support or planning experience in a busy Service Provider environment
- CCNP/CCIP certification required and CCIE certification desired.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting IP networks required.
- Strong skills and experience with IP routers and switches. Extensive knowledge of IP Routing and IP routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, and BGP).
- Knowledge of QoS techniques and hands experience of implementing MPLS services.
- Conversant with IPv4, IPv6 Addressing Schemes, Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM), VLANs, IP QOS, Triple play services)
IT Business Analyst – (21000520)
Reporting to the Business Engagement Manager, the role will be the liaison between business system users and the technical team in as far as creating automated business solutions is concerned. The role holder will also be responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements in a business requirements document and solution designs for business end users and technical developers. Propose ways in which the existing processes and systems can be used or changed to meet new business requirements as well as identify internal systems integrations needed to meet business requirements.
- Carry out full business requirements discovery that includes interviewing relevant stakeholders and end-users. i.e. requirements elicitation
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards.
- Create high-level solution designs to meet business requirements by exploiting the functionality available in IT systems already in Safaricom, or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new systems, in accordance with enterprise architecture.
- Lead a project team composed of designers and developers to drive the business needs and expectations by ensuring business intent is understood and delivered by IT.
- Collaboratively develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications with business, technical, and testing team members.
- Participate in technical/functional evaluation of bids for new systems.
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, and test leads to have the same mutual understanding thereof.
- Generate process documentation that clarifies and validates how the organization utilizes business systems to meet business requirements
- Liaise with other sections/departments in the delivery of services and projects as well as maintain good working relations between the Squad & Tribe team and all stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Business Unit by assisting in the development/reviewing/translating of User Requirement Specifications into a baseline BRD (Business Requirements Document) and building design documents (FDD, SDD).
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs, change management governance and priorities and consequently, contribute to the reduction of development costs in future.
- Follow a prioritization process that is transparent and understandable for all parties involved.
- Participate in innovation to improve delivered products and services and to explore new technologies and their applications to the enterprise space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computer Science or Business Information Technology or in a relevant field
- At least 3 years’ work experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis.
- Professional Experience in Business Analysis (CBAP, IIBA) as well as software development lifecycle is essential, in agile (SAFe, Scrum) and waterfall methodologies.
- Professional Experience in Solution Architecture (TOGAF)
- Professional Experience in Cloud Architecture (AWS, Azure, Huawei cloud and Google Cloud)
- Domain experience in financial services, financial technologies will be an added advantage.
- Broad technical expertise combined with business acumen and strong consulting skills.
- Excellent systems analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills along with meeting facilitation skills
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools
- Demonstrated experience in producing requirements that support event driven development and test-driven development.
- Excellent communication skills – must be able to listen to customers, document requirements quickly & accurately, and review written materials for accuracy. Must also be able to communicate specifications to person’s at all technical levels.
- Proven track record for delivery of large scale, complex projects delivering IT/Telco customer solutions; demonstrable leadership skills and organizational experience.
- Ability to communicate and influence others
How to Apply. If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.