Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Program Officer Opportunities,
Program Officer, Garissa
Provides technical assistance in coordinating and implementing country office programs, develops capacity among affiliate partners in program implementation, management, evaluation and promotes networking with program stakeholders
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical assistance in the implementation of organization’s strategic plans by conducting research, identifying potential programs, and development of partnerships to ensure participation in program activities
- Responsible for the development of concept papers and/or project proposals for resource mobilization purposes
- Coordinates with affiliate staff in establishing and conducting community advisory councils
- Provides technical assistance in the facilitation of community workshops and programs
- Support staff and affiliate partners in aligning programs with goals and objectives
- Provide on-site visits to program beneficiaries to monitor progress, assess program effectiveness and recommend program modification
- Provides documentation and status reports for donor requirements
- Plays an active role in resource mobilization efforts
- Liaises with other peace focused organizations for the development of best practices
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Work or relevant human services discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in working in the human service or social services and/or with a non-profit organization
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Good oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel to program locations
- Proficiency in Somali language required
- Experience working and living in Garissa required
- Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit and adapts to the team.
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
- Drive for Results and Efficiency: The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions, to provide service and to support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
- Leadership and Navigation: The ability to manage and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization while making progress toward change and continuous improvement.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information and communicate with others.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
- Developing others (for people manager): The ability to provide support to enhance performance and professional growth.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Apply by 14th August 2020
Click Here To Apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview