Senior Finance Officer – Program Finance
- The Senior Finance Officer, Program Finance is responsible for the overall financial management of AGRA’s program/awards.
- S/he will lead collaboration with the Financial Management team, Financial Accounting team, Grants team, Internal Audit team, HR, Legal and Program teams to oversee financial policies and procedures supporting AGRA’s administration and management of the Award agreements and sub-agreements; and the implementation of financial oversight mechanisms to ensure financial integrity and compliance with donor requirements across the programs.
- S/he will serve as the financial liaison to donors and will represent AGRA at any donor and project partner meetings.
- S/he will lead on resource mobilization and donor contract management; through development of proposal budgets in conjunction with program teams and Development Cooperation team, donor awards budget monitoring and financial reporting and leading in program specific audits.
- S/he ensures accuracy and alignment of the institutional annual budget to available award budgets.
- /he will ensure creation of award budgets, financial reports, strong tracking of awards budgets and expenditures, continuous analysis of project cash flow, ensuring compliance with AGRA’s policies and donor requirements.
- S/he will support the institution in achieving operational efficiency and in optimizing cost allocation and recovery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare comprehensive financial models for various programs to deliver cash flow forecast, scenario analysis, risk assessment and return analysis.
- Work closely with the project development team to identify, analyze and execute the most optimum financing solution for AGRA programs (including debt and equity).
- Coordinate with finance providers on due diligence, term sheet negotiations and documentation
- Work with legal, compliance and program teams to ensure timely compliance with all conditions precedent and other obligations.
- Support senior management of AGRA on various program financing related matters on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure high quality finance information is provided and analyzed to enable effective decision making.
- Identify risks associated to partner capacity and compliance to AGRA rules and regulations and make recommendations to address these risks.
- Assure soundness of analysis, good business judgment, compliance with policies and procedures, adequacy of results and that all costs and reasonable fees have been provided for.
- Strong grasp and application of generally accepted accounting principles and an in-depth working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Support Proposal Preparations including Bid – No Bid requirements; Cost Estimating; Pricing; RFP Review; Risk Mitigation; and Negotiation.
- Talent management and development of existing staff while managing team dynamics to ensure high-performance and positive employee experience.
- Communicates results through presentations, written and verbal communication.
- Program & Finance functions, including Basis of Estimate (BOE) preparation; Budget preparation, reporting and management; Cost & Variance Analysis; Cash Management/Working Capital; Forecasting; Contractual Reporting, Cost & Pricing, Risk Management; Audit preparation and management; and Program Review preparation.
- Provide leadership, and manage the performance, growth, and development of staff under the Program Finance function, ensuring they meet their objectives and support the organization strategy.
Key Qualifications and Experience required:
- 10 years’ experience in finance field and 5 years in similar program finance role.
- Professional experience in accounting, finance, or financial monitoring.
- Knowledge of global, country/government accounting standards.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience.
- A master’s degree in any relevant field would be a strong added advantage.
- Particularly strong financial modelling skills, capable of building from scratch sophisticated “program finance” financial models.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge or familiarity with donor contract types and donor regulations such USAID and FCDO among others will be an added advantage.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Proficiency in ERP systems, with a strong track record of successful implementation and utilization.
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, presentations and reporting software
Method of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.