Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Computer Science jobs, Information Technology jobs,
Senior IT Support Specialist
- The Senior IT Support Specialist will oversee and ensure the effectiveness of OMAR Microsoft tenant infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for managing a team of administrators across OMAR to deliver results, provide technical leadership, and perform hands-on administrative tasks. The ideal candidate must possess a deep understanding of Microsoft environments, DNS, Active Directory, and security best practices. The role requires collaboration with multiple stakeholders to maintain a secure, reliable and efficient environment.
Leadership and Management:
- Work closely with the Microsoft Tenant Administration team in country, ensuring efficient execution of daily tasks and long-term projects.
- Mentor and coach junior team members, guiding their professional development.
- Set performance goals and conduct periodic evaluations of team members that will report into him.
- Engage with various markets and lines of Business within OMAR on a regular basis to understand their needs and align IT initiatives accordingly.
Technical Oversight and Administration:
- Oversee the configuration, management, and optimization of the OMAR Microsoft tenant, Active Directory, and on-premises DNS.
- Ensure that the OMAR tenant is connecting to OMSA tenant reliably and all applications are seamlessly accessible and available.
- Provide 24×7 first-line support for production environments, ensuring service level agreements are met-working closely with country IT admins and Microsoft Partners
- Develop and implement temporary fixes to system issues, and work with relevant teams for long-term resolutions.
- Monitor capacity and proactively identify potential issues or optimization opportunities in the production environment.
- Maintain a secure infrastructure by implementing and enforcing security policies, procedures, and best practices across the entire Microsoft Platform in OMAR
Consultation and Strategic Planning:
- Provide technical advice and consultation to lines of business for development projects in an advisory and consultancy capacity.
- Engage in strategic planning and trends analysis, including industry trends, company policies, and business unit objectives.
- Collaborate with architects, project teams, clients, and suppliers to ensure continuous stability and efficiency with OMAR segment.
- Identify and implement cost-saving and optimization initiatives across platforms and environments- Drive cost leadership
Communication and Reporting:
- Establish effective communication channels to keep relevant stakeholders informed of support activities, changes, and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain documentation on system configurations, procedures, and policies.
- Engage with vendors and suppliers to optimize product usage and support.
- Compliance and Quality Assurance:
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and company policies.
- Perform quality assurance checks on the work of the team and implement corrective actions as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED FOR THE JOB)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT administration with a focus on Microsoft technologies.
- Minimum of 2 years in a leadership or managerial role.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Tenant, Active Directory, DNS, and security best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE (PREFERRED, NOT A REQUIREMENT)
- Relevant certifications such as MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or equivalent.
- Experience in project management and strategic planning.