Senior Manager, Credit Advisory
Job Purpose Statement
- The Senior Manager Credit Advisory is primarily responsible for:
- Delivery of Collection Target to a CRAG Portfolio of Corporate Customers under ‘Watch’’ category experiencing financial distress.
- Primary, Secondary and desktop credit risk CRAG reviews of Corporate names toidentify key credit risk concerns, come up with mitigation strategies &covenant/monitoring actions/targets
- Turn Around of CRAG watch names to resolve credit risk concerns and return themto‘Normal’, ‘Exit’ or Downgrade to ‘NPL/Recoveries’
- Adoption and relationship management of CRAG names under Primary management
- to turn around, reduce, exit and collect based on strategy and target
- Determining objectives, strategies and actions that need to be adopted to address
- business risk issues.
- Reduce Bank’s risk and achieve collections, reduce and managed exit solutions sothat the bank realises maximum return in the shortest time possible.
- Act as a point of contact for the Head of Credit Risk Advisory to discuss specificproblems and act as a ‘’sounding board’’ recommending appropriate solutions andstrategies to achieve the bank’s objectives.
- Provide secondary support to the relationship team on problem accounts managedunder the Normal or Watch category
Ideal Job Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a business management discipline in either of Finance, Business, andEconomics, Mathematics / Statistics or related field from a reputable institution.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Accounting or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized university.
- Comprehensive banking background and extensive experience in credit appraisal andloan portfolio management.
- Experience in engaging C-level management and senior executives in facilitatingdecision-making and reporting.
- Extensive understanding of business and financial fundamentals, with mathematical aptitude & advanced accounting skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and transfer skills to others. Desired work experience:
- At least five years’ experience in corporate credit risk management.
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and transfer skills to others.