Business Administration jobs, Project management jobs, Public Administration jobs,
Senior Program Compliance Officer
The position is to ensure that CIFOR ICRAF adheres to all the organizational, local and donor policies and procedures in the implementation of the Restore Africa project in the six countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia). The incumbent will support risk and compliance related activities for the Restore Africa Program including sub-recipient compliance adhering to CIFOR ICRAF policies, local laws, and donor regulations to help ensure effective high-quality program delivery. Ensure safeguarding, protection and ESG-I provinces are adhered to by the organization and staff relation to the program.
Duties and responsibilities
Compliance monitoring and management.·
- Collaborate with the Restore Africa leadership and Finance and Cooperate services Units (PMU, Legal, Operations, FSU) and Internal Audit Unit on strengthening internal control systems and processes for the Restore Africa program across the six countries.
- Work in close collaboration with the Finance and Cooperate services Units (PMU, Legal, Operations, FSU) and Internal Audit Unit conduct regular internal control reviews to assess the effectiveness of controls in operations and program management systems and processes for the Restore Africa program in accordance with CIFOR ICRAF Policies and Procedures.
- Support the planning and performance of internal audits, control reviews and compliance assessments,
- Support external and internal audits and the coordination of plans to close out audit findings and recommendations related to the Restore Africa program.
- Support internal investigation of reported potential and alleged incidents of incompliance to donor, and CIFOR ICRAF policies and procedures including collusion and financial wrongdoing.
- Support the design and facilitation of trainings and institutional capacity strengthening, due diligence plans for Restore Africa staff and partners in consideration of investor’ requirements and partners’ systems and procedures.
- Work closely with HR and Internal Audit to operationalize Restore Africa Grievance, protection, and safeguarding policies.
ESG-I Compliance management.
- Assume the role of Restore Africa ESG-I Focal point
- Lead coordinate and have overall responsibility for ESG-I implementation across the Restore Africa project.
- Coordinate production and submission of ESG-I monthly and quarterly reports in each respective country
- Ensure application and facilitate training on appropriate Operational Health and Safety for the program staff.
- Coordinate and ensure incident reporting processes and procedures meet the requirements of investors.
- Coordinate and ensure grievance management mechanisms in the project covers the Program and are aligned to good international industry practice (GIIP)
- Working with Cooperate services report on CIFOR-ICRAF GHG emissions, including by providing details of fuel consumption, flights, and strategies (if any) to offset or GHG emissions.
Risk assessment and management.
- Updating the project risk register, and lessons learnt log.
- Support systems verification and identification of risk issues, weaknesses/ inefficiencies, anomalies, challenges, and propose solutions to address them and improve system integrity.
- Support and document security risk assessment in the program.
- Ensure emergency preparedness and response procedures are developed to address the identified risks
Planning and coordinating project events.
- Coordinating and supporting preparations and undertaking of major project missions including National Steering Committee Meetings.
- Master’s in business administration, Project management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other relevant disciplines.
- At least four years of work experience, ideally with an international organization, with progressive responsibility in project management, operations and/or programming.
- Experience in audit, compliance, or risk management desirable
- Knowledge of audit standards and compliance regulations and familiarity with international standards for internal control and risk and compliance management (e.g., COSO, ISO).