Project Management jobs, Business Management jobs, Operations jobs, International Development jobs, Humanitarian jobs,
Senior Project Manager
Job Description Summary
- As part of the Advocacy & External Engagement (A&EE) team, the Senior Project Manager will provide high-level end-to-end project management, budget management, and business operations support to facilitate A&EE’s strategy implementation and overall effectiveness.
- This role will include stakeholder management for complex projects, strategic planning, and budget management, including implementing the departmental budget-setting process and undertake ongoing efforts to track and optimize spending. This position will focus on connecting project deliverables across teams and tracking/aligning spending to ensure agile re-allocation of resources as needed.
35% Strategic Planning and Stakeholder Engagement
- Provide end-to-end project management support for complex projects. This will include: (1) develop and update project management plans; (2) present data and information visually for senior leadership decision-making; (3) coordinate, clarify, and align activities across stakeholders; (4) facilitate ongoing performance management – escalating issues to senior leadership for action as needed; and (5) align activities with allocated budget and monitor budget spend.
- Support annual and three-year business planning ensuring that all key stakeholders are aware and provide input to the planning process.
30% Budget Management
- With oversight from the Senior Director, design and implement a budget development and monitoring approach for A&EE, ensuring optimized financial management and oversight.
- Supervise regular tracking and accurate classification of expenses across A&EE teams.
- Direct financial analysis and forecasting of financial performance on a monthly basis and annually for input to the annual planning process. Meet with individual team members in 1:1 meetings to discuss budget plans and spending.
- Coordinate year-end financial activities and reporting, which include, accruals, carry forwards and partnership special projects, among others.
35% Business Operations
- Ensure smooth functioning of the administrative, financial and operational needs for the A&EE team.
- Ensure effective A&EE service procurement and consultant management (particularly consultants used for research work).
- Problem-solve A&EE operational and administrative issues.
- Supervise the team Operations Coordinator to ensure optimized administrative effectiveness and efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the consulting, business operations, or international development industries.
- Strong experience and skills in project management, budget analysis, and operational and management oversight.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and experience with project management software (Smartsheet, etc.)
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in field related to business management, operations, or international development/humanitarian aid.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Professional Project Management certifications (Agile methodology; Prince2; etc.)
- Understanding of/familiarity with WV’s global ministry.
- Knowledgeable about institutional audiences – governments, NGO partners, UN system, donors.
- Previous staff management experience
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Ability and willingness to work within 4 hours of overlap during business hours of the West Coast in the US.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally 5-10% of the time.