Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Humanitarian Affairs jobs, International Relations jobs, Development Studies jobs, Economics jobs, Political Science jobs, Social Sciences jobs, International Cooperation jobs,Senior level jobs,
Senior Regional MRP Coordinator (Regional Migrant Response Plan (MRP))
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide overall coordination of the MRP core functions and responsibilities as set out below:
- MRP Annual Planning Cycle and Implementation
- Oversee all MRP-related activities within the relevant areas of responsibility; ensure coherent and coordinated responses which are in alignment with the MRP framework and action plans,
- IOM strategies and frameworks, and policies of the Organization.
- Provide coordination and technical input for the review, design, and development of the MRP response framework, including both the humanitarian and development interventions at the national and regional levels.
- Facilitate overall operational coordination and support the effective delivery of humanitarian and development activities by the MRP partners; implementation of preparedness actions (e.g., contingency plans), and strategic planning and programming of response and guide MRP partners on a range of operational issues.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the annual programming cycle for the MRP and relevant action plans, including inter-agency collaboration for joint needs assessments, consultations, review and validation processes, and submission to the Global Humanitarian Overview and the IOM’s Global Crisis Response Platform (GCRP).
- Identify relevant emerging issues and provide input on contingency planning processes regarding potential humanitarian emergencies and promote MRP partners’ presence and highlight core migration crisis management and transition/recovery issues as well as inter-agency response capabilities across the Eastern Migration Route.
- Provide overall guidance to MRP partners at country levels on establishing and maintaining the linkages of the MRP in the relevant coordination mechanisms and frameworks including the Humanitarian Response Plans and the United Nations Sustainable Development Framework e.t.c. to ensure effective implementation and successful integration and sustainability of the MRP framework.
- Provide support to MRP partners to strengthen research, evidence, and knowledge generation by working with the Information Management Working Group (IMWG )partners to oversee the collection, analysis, and sharing of data on mobility patterns and figures, routes, protection-related needs, and vulnerabilities of migrants along the Eastern route to effectively inform responses, provide risk-informed and gender-sensitive analysis and respond to emerging trends.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Affairs, International Relations, Development Studies, Economics, Political Science, Social Sciences, International Cooperation, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working in an emergency context, in a coordination and project management function.
- Experience working in the region or continent with UN or International Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, project management, budget management, fundraising, or related area is required.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergencies (complex emergencies or natural disasters) is required.
- Previous work experience in areas of project management and supervision, monitoring and evaluation, and administration is required.
- Experience in the design of policies and guidelines about humanitarian assistance is desirable.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; ability and proven track record to prepare and present clear and concise research papers, reports, developing results matrices and log frames in English.
- Excellent critical, analytical, and creative thinking skills.
- Demonstrated coordination and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of the programme management cycle.
- High computer literacy; familiarity with standard word processing, spreadsheet, database, publishing, internet research, relational databases, and e-mail communication.
- Personal commitment, flexibility, efficiency, and drive for results; ability to perform research and make effective decisions under time pressure.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds; Ability to work with a wide cross-section of research partners: Government, NGOs, communities, academic institutions, media, and international donors.