Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Financial Analyst Jobs, Corporate Affairs Director Job,
Junior Financial Analyst
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
We currently seek a Junior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for assisting with financial forecasting and helping managers decide how to make decisions using financial data in ways that will ensure the greatest return. The role holder will analyze revenue and expenses to ensure effective use of capital, advise managers and Team leads about project costs, and provide support in structuring deals to help the company grow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a process for tracking and monitoring new budget performance against development targets.
- Undertake regular monitoring of the consolidated Team’s budgets in close coordination with Team Managers, ensuring alignment with planned budget targets and flagging issues on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to Teams’ strategy and work plan to maximize Sanergy’s financial and social returns on investment and advisory.
- Assist business units at Sanergy to build their growth & profitability models.
- Support teams to understand, monitor, and control key business metrics to achieve success.
- Extract data from internal sources, manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency. Will also be the ‘go-to’ person for data for all operational/ resource support work for the teams that will be requested by management teams. Prepare progress reports and any other documentation or materials required. Preparation of sections of documents and submissions as inputs into business plans and work program agreements, mid-year and retrospective and mid-year reviews, etc.
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting principles to conduct financial analysis and prepare reports to explain financial ratios and their implications on the operations of Sanergy.
- Liaise and interact effectively with managers at senior levels and respond effectively to inquiries for diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Under the guidance of the Corporate Finance Manager, advise teams on the company context, Sanergy role, strategic fit, objectives, local markets, pipe-line, and portfolio.
- Assist the planning manager with overall operations management, planning, and monitoring of deliverables so as to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program as budgeted while maintaining a high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Provide any other assistance needed by the Corporate Finance Manager for the day-to-day coordination of activities.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations and respond quickly to queries from management and staff.
- Construct and maintain reports to analyze and report on operational and development impact performance.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience as a junior financial analyst, or in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, or any finance-related degree
- Background in accounting, e.g. CPA, CFA or ACCA qualifications (in progress or completed)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Data analytics and good IT skills – Excel, Power-Point, accounting software, and analysis applications
- Prior financial modeling skills will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized
- Good research, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills – verbal and oral
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment
30th October 2021
Corporate Affairs Director
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. Operational since 2011, Sanergy sells innovative, regenerative agricultural inputs – insect protein for livestock farmers and organic fertilizers for horticulture – as well as biomass fuel for local industry, all which are produced from organic and sanitation waste collected per year. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
We sell in over 30 counties in Kenya, and improve farmers yields and incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Corporate Affairs Director joins us at a critical juncture. As Sanergy ramps up expansion across Kenya, East Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa, we seek someone to ensure that we are able to operate seamlessly and with the full support of the governments where we operate. To this end, the Corporate Affairs Director focuses on building partnerships with key stakeholders, protecting Sanergy from reputational risks and strengthening the brand through strategic external communications. The Corporate Affairs Director also offers strategic direction for the executive team on where and how we expand and achieve our ambitious growth targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategy to engage key external stakeholders to ensure that Sanergy can operate effectively in its target markets.
- Develop and execute communications engagement strategy to ensure Sanergy can realize its business objectives. This includes ensuring the active promotion of our regenerative agricultural inputs, promotion of circular economy, and promotion of manufacturing in Africa.
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders within government, municipalities, and industry promotion.
- Ensure that the executive leadership receives legal advice on risks and opportunities concerning legal issues.
- As the organization grows, manage and lead a high-performing team
- Serve on the Sanergy Leadership Team and drive to achieve Sanergy’s mission and values
- 10 years of experience with corporate and government affairs
- Strong experience in developing and executing on a corporate communications strategy
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-country teams with diverse professional development needs
- Very strong critical and analytical thinking skills; ability to work with large amounts of data to develop strategy and make rigorous decisions
- Highly organized and able to follow through and prioritize tasks
- Impeccable integrity and ethics
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information; required fluency in English; Swahili highly desirable; French preferred