Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Sales & Marketing jobs, Retail & Business Development jobs,
Who is the Growth Director at Sistema.bio
At Sistema.bio, we call the Commercial team the Growth team, because they are the ones driving us towards our ambitious company and impact goals!
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Reporting to the Managing Director East Africa, the Growth Director is responsible for building commercial (sales and marketing) strategy and all processes to make our B2C sales team successful in Kenya. The Growth Director designs, pilots, structures, and measures the outcomes of new initiatives to drive the sales and marketing strategy and reach our ambitious goals!
You’ll be in charge of:
- Co-designing, documenting, and implementing the sales and marketing strategy
- Hands-on project managing for various commercial initiatives such as the creation of leads management tools and processes
- Piloting strategic projects like entering the productive scale biodigester market or any new sales and marketing channels and replicate at scale where it makes business sense!
- Improving (and sometimes building from scratch) the operations and back-end processes in sales and marketing functions
- Designing and implementing tools to track sales agents recruitment, onboarding, training and performance management to reach 100 active sales agents each selling on average 3 biodigesters per month
- Creating a data-driven culture from leads generation to closing the sale through data-driven conversations and simple, user-friendly, and accessible data collection and visualization tools
- Building new teams to support the sales operations (telesales, training, etc)
More about YOU
- You have at least 7 years of experience in sales, sales operations or marketing for rural products and services through direct sales
- You understand the art of selling, but are convinced that success comes from the science of rigorous implementation of simple, replicable and scalable processes
- You are obsessed with measuring, but also understanding the why behind the sales results which leads you to constantly track your conversion rate by channel, ROI, CAC
- Where something does not exist or is below your standards, you are eager to propose solutions, use data to build your case, and make clear suggestions to change the status quo
- You roll up your sleeves and get things done yourself when needed, whether driving to meet a client or cleaning up data on an excel sheet (until you build your team’s capacity)
- You are a strong manager, coach, cheerleader, and also know when to have the difficult conversations
- You are someone really resourceful and able to go comfortably from building the big picture strategy to selling or supporting in the field with the teams
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio?
- Passion and purpose: working at Sistema.bio, you’ll be able to work with a very passionate team and have a real social and environmental impact every day
- A growing team with growing opportunities: bio plans to double in the coming years. This growth is opening new roles, new countries, new departments that can keep offering new opportunities for our team’s careers and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the customer: at Sistema.bio, we are passionate about knowing and serving our customers, small and medium-scale farmers. We want you to be able to spend time in the field with them and genuinely understand their problems, their everyday concerns and connect with them.
- We care about your career progression: we have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance twice a year.
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in people owning their projects and being able to take responsibility for them.
- Work-life balance: at Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy, therefore we give you unlimited holidays, parental leave, pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed.
- Gender Equality: bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
We’re excited to hear from you. Kindly prepare a structured and clear answer to the three questions below as part of your application. Only applications with complete and detailed answers will be considered.
- Tell us why your prior experiences make you the perfect fit for this role. Why now?
- What challenges have you faced when designing, and then implementing a new digital tool for a rural, commission-based field sales team? How did you overcome them?
- Which approach have you used to test new markets for new products in your past experiences? How would you pilot a new concept or idea, and then make the decision to implement at scale or go back to the drawing board? Use a specific example.
Location & Travel
- Based in Nairobi Headquarters
- Traveling up to 25% of your time to Central, Mt. Kenya & Rift Valley region