Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: October 11, 2019
Through its work, BFA is contributing to empowering people to be the agents of their future, building inclusive and competitive economies for a sustainable and equitable world. Together with partners and clients, we craft efficient solutions that enable individuals, organizations, and communities to thrive. BFA drives proactive responses to some of the world’s most pressing challenges including effective and sustainable development, poverty reduction, achieving fulfilling employment in the age of automation, bridging digital divides, developing participatory and evidence-informed governance, and mitigating the migratory and climate crises. BFA works at the frontiers of applied research and innovation using finance, data, and technology. In addition to our own knowledge, skills, and experience we harness data science, economic analyses, financial tools, artificial intelligence, human-centered design, and lean product development.
About the Position
BFA’s ideal Staff Accountant candidate will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas across its global offices. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills in order to best support the accounting team.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities
Work closely with the Controller and Senior Accountant to understand and ensure accuracy of all financial reporting activity
- Assist in preparation of and processing of payables
- Client Invoicing
- Account Reconciliations and review
- Posting Cash and Journal Entries
- Audit Support
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Familiarity working with different cultures and languages
- Attention to detail is critical
- Identifies root causes of problems, generates and evaluates alternative solutions
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and constantly changing workload interfacing with Finance & Administration team but also with BFA’s Consultants
Staff Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, or Finance
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting
- Proficient in NetSuite, or similar multi-entity, multi-currency accounting system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Proficiency in G-Suite Apps (Sheets, Docs, Drive)
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate (October 2019)
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
The Staff Accountant will be based in Nairobi
How to Apply
Please click on APPLY below and complete the application process as directed, including attaching your cover letter, your CV, and salary expectations. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Only shortlisted candidates who provide the required information will be contacted for follow-up.
*BFA will not sponsor for work permits.
**BFA will not pay for relocation expenses.
At BFA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military, and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
BFA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and to best carry out the inclusion work we undertake.