Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Banking jobs, Standard Chartered jobs, Credit & Risk Operations controls jobs,
Head, Credit & CPBB Risk Controls, AME
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure fitness for asset/credit growth for the markets in the AME/E Region.
- Implement the operating model and strategic direction for the Region for CPBB Credit & Retail Risk Operations.
- Work with Regional CCO, CPBB, AME/E to implement the CPBB Risk Policies, processes with the help of process owners.
- Responsible to ensure proper monitoring and control of risks, efficiency, effectiveness and quality of Risk in the countries of responsibility.
- Support initiatives on Standardization, Automation and Hubbing/Centralisation of activities without compromising on Risk
- Oversight of Risk to ensure proper management of in-country and regional processes.
- Provide assurance that the DOI and Role and Responsibilities implemented are being effectively executed and adhered to in the regions.
- Identify and share industry best practices and work with the Credit & Retail Risk Operations teams for their feasibility and implementation.
- Ensure all policies and procedures in the countries for the Region comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
- Provide inputs for Country, Regional or Group risk committees when required.
- Provide oversight and assurance across the Regional CPBB risk, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
- Support CCHs and the management team to implement Credit Risk Management Policy framework. Perform independent review and challenge to the policy and to ensure that all standards and polices are aligned with the target governance frameworks and enable effective controls.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- RCCO CPBB, AME/E, CCHs, CCROs
- Regional / Country Business Heads and Product Heads
- Country Collections Heads
- Financial Crime Risk
Our Ideal Candidate
- Expert Knowledge of Credit & Risk Operations controls (policies, Standards and Frameworks)
- Broad understanding of banking information management infrastructure and operational processes
- Strong leadership qualities, with the ability to motivate and lead multi-country teams in changing & challenging situations
- Strong analytical and dispute resolution skills, and the ability to command the respect of a cross functional set of professionals at a senior level
- Ability to make independent decisions with a strong sense of empowerment
- Skills in project management and process improvement
- Non-technical Skills: Strong written / oral communication and influencing skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & borders.
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: Strong leadership capabilities and management skills, with the ability to deliver effective controls within Risk through both directly and indirectly managed and the virtual team.