Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Assistant Incubation Manager Job, University Jobs,
Assistant Incubation Manager
Job Title: Assistant Incubation Manager
Department: @iLabAfrica Research Centre
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Reporting to: Incubation Manager
Basic job Summary: To manage existing incubation programs and develop new ones that are strategic to the incubator’s competitiveness, effectiveness and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Startup Support:
- Day-to-day contact and mentoring support to the startups in @IBIZAFRICA’s portfolio.
- Actively participate in Pitch Fridays and other support programs for startups
- Advise on every stage of the startup lifecycle, from go-to-market strategy, customer acquisition, monetization, biz dev and beyond.
- Set KPIs with the teams and closely track to ensure continual progression, revenue, user growth, etc., and compile monthly KPI reporting to @IBIZAFRICA management team.
- Oversee legal and compliance processes for portfolio companies.
- Preparation and participation in monthly board meetings with @IBIZAFRICA management team.
- Maintain contact and frequently get feedback from graduated startups.
- Programs Development-Constantly develop, test and implement new programs that boost the incubator’s sustainability and competitiveness.
- Programs Management-Frequently lead the implementation of various incubator programs.
- Partnerships Development-
- Lead business development efforts and establishing relationships across industries and sectors to source potential partners and sponsors for the incubator.
- Continually build strong ties with relevant external stakeholders, including venture investors, corporates, banks, telcos, foundations, government, press and others in the local tech ecosystem.
- Work closely with @IBIZAFRICA’s Director on identifying priorities and executing.
- Continually work to renew and keep partnerships active.
- Pipeline and Exit Management-
- Implement policies and procedures that enable the incubator to attract its targeted applicants, investors and partners.
- Implement policies and procedures that enable iBizAfrica to manage the exit of startups after end of incubation period.
- Ambassador: Serve as the local ambassador and face of @IBIZAFRICA in Nairobi (speaking opportunities at industry conferences and panels, press interviews as needed, and attending tech ecosystem events.
- Quality Assurance-
- Document and periodically review procedures for selection, incubation and exit of incubator applicants to maintain high standards.
- Document and periodically review incubation program milestones with clear timelines, budget and deadlines.
- Consistently monitor activities and outcomes of the incubator to ensure program objectives and goals are reached.
- Document and periodically review training program curricula, mentorship and coaching sessions.
- Revise, review and maintain policies and procedures pertaining to incubator operations.
- Document and implement policies and procedures (performance measures) to measure effectiveness of the incubator.
- Frequently and consistently solicit feedback from incubator program participants’ (current and past) and incubator stake holders (University, investors, sponsors and partners) to inform program and operational improvements.
- Document and profile success stories from the incubator.
- Develop and maintain a monthly newsletter highlighting main activities and highlights from the incubator.
- Compile and write the incubator’s annual report highlighting key achievements, activities and success stories.
- Work closely with the incubator manager and administrative staff to achieve the goals of the incubation program.
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the director of iBizAfrica.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- An under graduate degree in a related filed
- At least one-year experience in a management position.
- Previous work experience at a startup or incubator is an added advantage.
- Up to date with current trends in startup support, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Experience in business modelling and startup development. Ideal if you’ve taken a new product from idea to launch.
- Understanding the local startup landscape. You’re already plugged in / know your way around the Nairobi tech ecosystem.
- Technical affinity.
- Coaching experience. Willingness to drive community growth (both internally and externally in the Kenyan
Competencies and Attributes
- Team player.
- Results oriented and analytic.
- Big picture thinker and conceptually creative.
- Deals well with setbacks or ambiguity
- Passionate about innovation and startups.
- Service-oriented and communicative.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within short deadlines.
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Assistant Incubation Manager” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th February 2022.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.