FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
AATF is seeking a dynamic, proactive, and experienced agricultural expert to coordinate the Project on Scaling out Water Efficient Maize and other Climate-Smart Maize Technologies in Sub-Saharan Africa. This will be carried out to implement the Maize Commodity Value Chain Compact initiative, which is part of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) program supported by African Development Bank (AfDB) .
The Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) program has been initiated by AfDB as part of its Feed Africa Initiative with support from additional donors. The main objective is to harness high-impact agricultural technologies for raising agricultural productivity, mitigating risks and promoting diversification and post-harvest investment across selected agricultural commodity chains.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
This is an international position. It shall provide technical and managerial leadership in all aspects of the Maize Compact, overseeing the work of implementing partners, and ensuring timely and high-quality delivery of activities and reporting. The position will be based at AATF’s headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and will report within AATF to the Director Commercialization.
Key Duties and Responsibility
- Lead the Commodity Technology Delivery Compact (CTDC) of Maize Value Chain and the development of all necessary submissions for approval by the TAAT Clearinghouse.
- Oversee day-to-day management and implementation of maize compact activities in close collaboration with country implementation teams.
- Guide the Regional Member Countries (RMCs) to prepare food technology outreach campaigns for the CTDC for submission to the Clearinghouse of the Regional Technology Delivery Infrastructure (RTDI)
- Prepare and submit from the CTDC a list of technologies to be deployed and the resources required, to the RTDI, specifically the Project Steering Committee (PSC) through the Clearinghouse who will review and approve the appropriate technologies.
- Lead in undertaking the activities of the CTDC which include: agreeing with RMCs on approaches to deploy technologies, defining target areas, mobilizing all actors across the maize value chain and designing and implementing wide-scale farmer extension models
- Facilitate the implementation of these maize value chain activities in all target countries and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving Maize compact and TAAT set goals.
- Provide support to all public and private sector partners in each participating country and ensure that they are fully and actively engaged.
- Establish good linkages with lead compact institution to ensure that administrative support is provided for fiduciary services such as procurement and financial management.
- In close consultation and collaboration with the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) ensure that capacity is built in all needed areas for various stakeholders within the value chain.
- In close consultation and collaboration with the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), ensure that all policy related issues that can affect maize value chain transformation within target countries are effectively addressed.
- Support the development of young Agripreneurs through demonstration and training in close collaboration with the ENABLE-TAAT Compact.
- Ensure that quarterly and annual consolidated technical and financial reports for the compact are prepared and submitted to the program management office on schedule.
- Present the activities, results, impacts and outcomes of the value chain at professional, donor and other stakeholders’ meetings
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Management and/or Institutional management office to meet the objectives of the value chain.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate should have an advanced graduate degree in agronomy, agricultural extension, or agricultural sciences from a recognized University.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in agricultural extension, technology delivery, seed systems or a closely related field; of which at least 5 years should be in Africa in development of maize value chains.
- Relevant work experience in project management and seed systems, especially with projects that link farmers to the market will be an added advantage.
- Experience in leading projects that are involved in public-private partnerships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and french.
- Demonstrated ability to write, publish, and disseminate technical reports, success stories, and promotional materials.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
How to apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview