Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalor
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Collections with at least 5 years of management experience above the supervisor level, preferably with a lender Experience managing teams who are servicing the East Africa region and deep understanding of regional differences
- Experience directly hiring and managing collectors and supervisory staff
- Experience developing staffing and budget projections and collections compensation and incentive programs
- Experience communicating with varied audiences: junior staff through executive
- Deep experience assessing and utilizing operational and customer data to identify performance gaps, drive improvement, highlight opportunities for future growth, and make management decisions
- Excel, SQL, or other business analytics tools experience
- Comfort with ambiguity, a rapidly changing environment, and communicating assumptions & risks of decisions
- Willingness to travel within region
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with call center and telephony tech systems
- Experience working with an international team
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.