Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Social Science jobs, Nursing jobs, Public Health jobs, Gender related jobs,
Technical Advisor Gender
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide technical guide and oversight in service delivery, budget management, monitoring and reporting health activities (HIV testing services, OVC clinical integration, OVC PMTC, Psychosocial Support, linkage to Adolescent health services and health system linkage) in line with PATH Kenya program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices to ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of all deliverables through the case management systems and referral networks component of the project.
- Lead the development, dissemination, and implementation of strategies, approaches, guidance, standard operating procedures, tools, and various job-aids to facilitate health service delivery through case management and referral and strengthen referral networks amongst social service providers.
- Take lead in providing technical assistance, guidance, and capacity strengthening for USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto project staff and LIPs in HIV testing services, OVC clinical integration, OVC PMTC, Psychosocial Support, linkage to Adolescent health services and health system linkages.
- Coordinate’s gender and SGBV evidence-based interventions to ensure they meet the needs of the project and donor requirements.
- Leads in conducting gender analysis in the supported Counties to ensure that gender awareness is incorporated into activities.
- Provide leadership and build local capacity using proven training approaches and quality improvement methodologies
- Support develops programs and implementation plans that will increase the number of clinical and community level staff members who can identify and report GBV cases to legal and social services.
- Collaborate with other partner organizations, stakeholders to collect and disseminate gender and GBV awareness materials to clinical patients in targeted areas.
- Advocate with the Ministry of Health for the adoption of new best practices of gender and evidence based GBV at the clinical and community level and encourage other ministries to collaborate.
- Lead Project technical team to work with and create linkages with stakeholders involved in Adolescent service delivery with a specific focus on USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto Adolescent girls receiving service layering in line with DREAMS service delivery.
- Strengthen coordination and networking, facilitate linkages, communication, and learning exchanges between GOK entities, LIPs, and CSOs/CBOs to support strengthening of case management capacity. Apply appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to achieve the assigned project outcome. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources.
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Maintain relationships and represent PATH Kenya with DCS, peer organizations, research and other institutions, participate in relevant forums and knowledge networks to collect and share promising practices in case management systems and referral networks, promote PATH Kenya work, and contribute to the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto learning agenda.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship in the implementation of the Gender service delivery component of the project.
- Support integration of gender services in HIV/TB program interventions.
- Support in the implementation of the post-GBV services across the health facilities
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and monitoring of costed project work-plans in post-GBV service provision.
- Provide leadership in creating and strengthening linkages and referral networks between facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes across the project areas.
- Support in the writing of the gender component of the quarterly, semi-annual and annual project performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner.
- Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application and quarterly review report writing and presentation.
- Take lead in site preparation for supportive supervision and SIMS assessments in GBV and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team.
- Coordination with CHMTs and S/CHMTs on implementation of Gender service delivery work plans.
- Represent the project in Gender/post-GBV technical forums at sub-county, county and national level.
- Master’s Degree in Social Science, Nursing, Public Health, Gender or a related field.
- Masters with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management with at least 3 years in an advisory role in relation to HIV care and treatment and/or OVC programming, ideally with NGO.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years in advisory role in relation to HIV care and treatment and/or OVC programming, ideally with NGO.
- Strong knowledge of the health and social service sector in Kenya.
- Demonstrated ability to develop user-friendly guidance, tools and standard operating procedures for use at health facilities, CSO/CBO and community levels.
- Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donors, a plus.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels including but not limited to State and government actors, LIPs, civil society, healthcare providers and social service providers.
- Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong communication, relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders.
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)