Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Public Health jobs, Biomedical Engineering jobs,Technical jobs,
Technical Advisor II – COVID-19 Oxygen Ecosystem
- Provide technical leadership to the implementation of the FHI 360 medical oxygen ecosystem strengthening intervention across several countries.
- Oversee the implementation of the liquid oxygen infrastructure development and market shaping activities implemented by FHI 360 and partners.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions, with little supervision focusing on the medical oxygen portfolio.
- Ensure technical implementation is consistent with best practices in the industry.
- Support the development and review of the specifications, quality and quantity of equipment to be procured for strengthening oxygen ecosystem in target countries.
- Provide technical inputs to the development of RFI, RFQs, tenders and other procurement documents mainly focusing on liquid oxygen ecosystem.
- Lead development of the training plan for biomedical engineers in collaboration with the field staff and chief biomedical engineers of the target countries.
- Provide technical leadership and inputs to the development of the sustainability plans for hospitals receiving equipment and upgrade support.
- Support development or revision of national regulations, strategies and implementation plans to improve maintenance of equipment required for COVID-19 case management.
- Work with ministries of health and other national biomedical engineering groups to develop a list of recommended spare parts and sources.
- Collaborate with country offices, public and private, national, and international partners on international programs and strategies to strengthen biomedical engineering services.
- Provide technical guidance on the implementation of systems for quality management and biosafety of medical devices, and biomedical equipment in the target countries, including support for the development of work-plans and budgetary proposals.
- Contribute to the establishment of communities of practice and regional networks on biomedical engineering services to promote sharing of best practices and learning.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on progress in improving access to quality biomedical engineering systems and services in the region, using standardized methodologies and tools, and propose strategies for improving universal access to services.
- Work closely with other EpiC team members to ensure technical work plans are being implemented in a timely and technically sound manner, and productively leverage Perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required.
- Collaboration with key government, stakeholders, and partners.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION
- Master’s in public health, biomedical engineering or degree related with health technological products.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in leading relevant international health programs focusing on any of the medical oxygen, medical supplies, hospital system strengthening programs.
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with medical oxygen systems in 3 or more Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Strong preference for Africa.
- Considerable experience in developing workplans, overseeing implementation of emergency response programs across various countries.
- Experience in developing guidelines and SOPs for classification and listing medical devices
- At least 1 year of direct engagement with hospitals in LMICs with the focus on COVID-19 response activities.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization. International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)