Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Project Management jobs,Communications jobs, Education jobs, Social Sciences jobs, International Development jobs,
Technical Advisor II Policy and Programming
- Provide technical leadership in developing strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of PrEP programming and service delivery for adolescent girls and young women, and key and other priority populations.
- Establish standards for quality PrEP service delivery, assess programs against these standards and provide assistance and guidance to ensure technical standards are achieved.
- Provide key linkage between product introduction research and TA project (MOSAIC) and large service delivery project (EpiC). S/he will be a core member of both projects, facilitating the uptake/use of MOSAIC-developed tools and resources to support PrEP policy and program and providing TA across countries in the EpiC project to support efficient and effective PrEP rollout.
- Support the implementation of country level activities for the projects, provide technical guidance to country-based staff, ensure that work is carried out according to the timeline established in the country implementation plans and alert project leadership of any deviations to these plans. Provide technical guidance to country staff and project leadership to ensure any changes made to implementation plans continue to support project objectives.
- Work with the EpiC technical team to ensure HIV prevention targets are met across supported countries.
- Work closely with MOSAIC Project research utilization team to ensure knowledge products are responding to country-level needs identified, contribute toward RU efforts for project tools and resources, provide guidance on learning technology and collaborative exchange sites.
- Liaise with other projects/programs across FHI 360 to identify and leverage market development/product introduction efforts.
- Provide technical guidance to PrEP Learning Network and other global product introduction information exchange platforms.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own workflow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
- Develop and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs and provides technical guidance as requested.
- Stay abreast of new developments and initiatives within the product introduction technical area.
- Develop tools for the design and implementation of biomedical prevention products implementation and rollout activities. Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Ensure appropriate and timely technical support for both MOSAIC and EpiC projects.
- Ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Conduct routine coordination with project teams and consultants, on-site and in the field, as needed.
- Able to manage own work to job and performance standards.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Demonstrate ability to assess needs within agreed upon duties and considers course of action best to meet those needs.
- Effectively apply knowledge of technical area to solve range of problems.
- Demonstrate ability to develop solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches.
- Know that policies or guidelines generally exist for most problems; others must be referred to supervisor or more senior professional.
- Coordinates own workflow and sets individual priorities.
- Works under general guidelines for completion and accuracy as determined by the supervisor.
- Accomplishes results through project teams, in-country staff or through experienced staff who exercise independence in their assignments.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred
- At least 12 years of demonstrated experience in a technical advisor and leadership position, preferably in an international development context and working with key population groups, CSOs, or adolescent girls and young women.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills – has relevant publications, presentations, reports, and manual/tool development, especially in PrEP.
- Has experience in participating in technical working groups and supporting guideline development or policy documents, with a focus on HIV prevention.
- Has demonstrated knowledge of the design, implementation, and management of HIV prevention programming, especially PrEP.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization working in HIV prevention, including PrEP, is desirable.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.