Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Technical Jobs, Plumbing Jobs, Latest Jobs,
Technical Works Team Plumber
Main purpose of job:
To safely perform, Plumbing & Water Systems: Planned preventative maintenance (PPM), reactive maintenance, fault finding, design, construction and inspection & test to; plant, equipment & installations across the British High Commission estate in and around Nairobi and on occasion overseas in accordance with Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) guidance and standards
Roles and responsibilities
- Carry out planned maintenance activities, projects, refurbishments and react to Plumbing & Water Systems breakdowns or faults in a timely, professional & customer focused manner.
- Execute repairs and works safely and in accordance with the quality standards of the FCO, industry best practice, British standards and Kenyan regulations & requirements where applicable to domestic / housing Plumbing & Water Systems and light industrial / commercial plant and equipment.
- Take ownership of Plumbing & Water Systems projects, repairs and renewals, producing technical reports, accurate time frames for completion of works, outlining all resources required, start date, end date, project milestones and dependencies.
- Lead and mentor colleagues in Plumbing & Water Systems maintenance methods including design, installation, inspection & test.
- Liaise with technical & non-technical colleagues to provide updates on works progress in a suitable language that is understood by all parties.
- Actively contribute to safe working practices and ensure all work is undertaken safely by self and others
- Identify materials required and create work package(s) for refurbishment, improvement, and renewal to ensure the Plumbing & Water Systems installation meets the compliance standards of the FCO, Kenyan regulations & requirements where applicable and any other relevant standard(s).
- Produce comprehensive bills of materials and estimates of costs for high quality Plumbing & Water Systems components, labour and materials.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in all areas of work to achieve best value for money, safety compliance and standards of build.
- Typically duties may include: Routine maintenance, design for small projects, construction, test & inspection, undertaking full building Plumbing & Water Systems renewals (including Potable, Grey & Foul / Sewerage), fault finding, repairs to installations, fitting accessories, modification, repairs and replacement of Plumbing & Water System components in commercial buildings and special locations (swimming pools etc.) Working at height and outside work may be required on occasion including on high risk plant (e.g. Sewerage Plant).
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Certificate in plumbing from a recognised government institution (Preferably Government trade test III, II & I).
- 5 years of experience in plumbing & water systems work
- Working knowledge of water filtration systems ie, reverse osmosis, UV
- Legionella, control methods and legislation.
- System checks for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Pressurised systems
- PPR welding and copper brazing experience.
- The applicant should be computer literate as reporting methods are via digital media.
- Must be able to interpret blue prints and sketches, produce materials lists for job requests and projects
- Fuel lines and pumps
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of gas fittings and gas safety
- Be familiar with the required Health & Safety standards governing the plumbing role
- Hold a current full driving licence and be a safe competent driver (accident free for three years)
- Experience in bore hole pumps
- Solar water heating
- Must have knowledge of hand and power tools
Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together, Developing Self and Others