Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
Trainee Graduate Engineer RE: TECH/01/10/2019 (5 Positions)
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant positions with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives. Qualified internal/external candidates are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Trainee Graduate Engineer will be assisting in specifying, setting up, installing, and monitoring and maintaining production of broadcast equipment.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical/electronic/Computer-based equipments employed in broadcast systems
- Writing specifications including principles of operations and application of electronic equipments
- Participating in new installations
- Drawing up performance and maintenance records of technical facilities and activities
- Ensuring all clients’ requests for technical facilities are addressed
- Identifying problems and offering possible solutions using diagnostic skills
- Degree in Electrical/ Electronics or Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized institution of higher learning
- The position is open for those who graduated from 2015 to date
- KCSE C + and above
- Must be computer literate
- High technical capacity and problem solving/analytical skills
- Ability to retrieve and use relevant information
- Should be able to develop a natural inquisitive sense and question ‘why’ and ‘how’ things are done with the aim of improving procedures and productivity
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player and fast learner.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; national identity card/passport; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position; and names /contact information & email addresses of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications, competence, character and integrity.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 15th October 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100