Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Procurement Jobs, Career Jobs,
United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with more than 7,000 students from 74 nations, and a global network of more than 22,000 alumni. USIU-Africa is the only university in Sub-Saharan Africa whose degree programs have local and American accreditation.
In line with our commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the following position:
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Reporting to the Chief Manager- Procurement, the Procurement Assistant is charged with the responsibility of performing administrative procurement duties and provides support in professional and effective service delivery for inventory management and supply of materials, services and consumables required by the University. As part of the procurement team, the Procurement Assistant will provide accurate and timely assistance in the administration of USIU- Africa procurement processes while ensuring that those processes are fully compliant with the University Procurement and Disposal Policy, guidelines and procedures.
- Receive goods from suppliers after quality and quantity checks for compliance with LPO’s, and raising a goods received note (GRN) and invoice posting.
- Coordinate the inspection process of received items/goods from suppliers and ensure expeditious release to respective user department.
- Analyze Stock level for stock replenishment.
- Monthly physical stock take and General ledger reconciliation.
- Compile and analyze monthly departmental material transfers.
- Evaluate and process requests from user departments and issuance of goods.
- Keep custody of fuel cards, fueling of vehicles and generate reports on consumption per vehicle.
- Tag all new assets and preparation of a tagging report.
- Give feedback to users on the status of their requests.
- Liaise with vendors to expedite supply the goods or services as per the LPO.
- Verifying invoice payment checklist by ensuring that all necessary support document are attached to facilitate payments.
- Participate in Request For Quotation/Request For Proposals/Tender opening process.
- Assist to evaluate Request for Quotations/Tenders/ Request for Proposal (where applicable) and preparation of price analysis/evaluation reports
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Diploma in Procurement/ Supply Chain Management.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good Communication skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV ONLY as attachments. Please include names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by Sunday, October 3, 2021.