Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Public Administration jobs, Commerce jobs, Engineering jobs, Law jobs,Business Administration jobs, Human Resources Management jobs,
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER, P3
1. Identifying upcoming job openings in coordination with client offices;
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
2. Reviewing draft job openings, conducting human resources assessments of applications, and monitoring recruitment actions in coordination with client divisions;
3. Reviewing recommendations on the selection of candidates by client offices with a view to ensuring conformity with UN staff selection system policies;
4. Serving as ex-officio /secretary to central review bodies; preparing and presenting cases to these bodies;
5. Advising Human Resources Assistants on recruitment related activities, including the preparation of job offers for successful candidates;
6. Providing advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters;
7. Keeping abreast of developments in various areas of human resources;
8. Providing advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules, including exceptions to such policies;
9. Supervising the work of the Human Resources Assistants in carrying out human resources administrative transactions, including preparation of personnel actions, maintenance of staffing tables, and processing of contracts;
10. Overseeing the maintenance of filing systems;
11.Preparing classification analysis of jobs in the Professional and General Service and related categories and provide guidance to programme managers on the application of classification policies and procedures;
12.Perform other related tasks as requested by the Chief, Talent Acquisition Unit.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in public or business administration, human resources management or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration or related area is required.
Experience in the area of recruitment and staffing is required.
Relevant work experience of at least three (3) years at a professional level with an international organization is desired.
Experience in the classification of functions to determine the right level is desirable.
Experience with PeopleSoft platforms, such as inspira or equivalent is desirable.
Experience in Human Resources Management in the United Nations or similar international organization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in French or Spanish is required.
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Project Post), P4
- Serves as a senior procurement and contracting expert with responsibility for the world-wide procurement of a wide variety of supplies and services associated with highly complex (technically and legally) contracts and procurement activities; may lead procurement work for a segment of a central or large peace-keeping program.
- Provides technical advice on procurement activities to officials of substantive units during all phases of the procurement cycle.
- Analyzes and evaluates procurement requests and ensures appropriateness of technical specifications.
- Develops and prepares highly complex contracts for procurement of non-routine and technologically advanced commodities or long-range services; issues international tender invitations; evaluates responses to tender, and makes recommendations for finalization of purchases and award of contracts; signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit, and, in cases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, prepares submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Develops new tactical approaches to contracts, as well as new methods for their application, based on market research.
- Contributes to development of institutional procurement policies and procedures; develops standards and criteria for the evaluation of goods, services, supplier capacity, etc.
- Maintains under constant examination production patterns in exporting countries; evaluates the productive capacities and performance of manufacturers to identify supply sources.
- Establishes approaches for negotiations and conducts or coordinates all phases of negotiations with all concerned parties, including the negotiation of disputes arising from contracts.
- May carry out consultancy missions to the field.
- Provides direction and guidance to more junior staff and perform other work-related duties as required.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Level 4 or equivalent certification is required. Supplementary courses or additional training in procurement, contract administration, contract management and/or construction management functions is desirable.
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management, administration or related area is required.
Experience in handling procurement of construction services for building, facilities and capital improvement /infrastructure projects or related scope is desirable.
Direct experience in supervising a procurement team that manages the acquisition of goods/services is desirable.
Experience working with a Systems, Application and Products (SAP) system or another Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
NOTE: “fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ” Knowledge of” equals a rating of ” confident” in two of the four areas.