Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Technician Jobs, Pay Assistant Jobs, Network Engineer,
HVAC Controls Technician-All Interested Applicants
The incumbent reports to the Building Engineer Supervisor. The incumbent is employed as a journeyman level Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Controls Technician to carry out skilled maintenance and repair work throughout the New Embassy Compound (NEC) on critical and non-critical electrical components within the functional/office buildings, on-compound ancillary support and residential buildings, above and below ground infrastructures, recreational facilities, and other owned/leased properties.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience at the journey-level in the installation, repair, and maintenance of commercial HVAC and/or other mechanical system digital building controls with interfacing to the building automation systems. Work experience must show a progression of increased responsibility, and the ability to repair complex equipment, components, and systems.
Pay Assistant-All Interested Applicants
EXPERIENCE: 3 years of progressive experience in Payroll management, accounting, auditing or accounts payable is required
Detailed knowledge of basic office procedures is required. Working knowledge of compensation/payroll and allowance, accounts payable. Good working knowledge of the Department of State’s Treasury and various US Government agencies’ rules, regulations, and practices. Understanding of the Local Compensation Plan, U.S. and local labor laws, Government of Kenya benefits, such as Social Security fund management rules, Mission Kenya and FMC policies and proceduresEducation Requirements:
- 2 years of college/university studies in accounting, finance or business administration is required.
Network Engineer – All Interested applicants
The position requires minimum five years of networking experience with at least three (3) years of experience in hands-on network installation, termination and at least two (2) years of experience in network maintenance, design, equipment configuration, management, technical design, and development of technical documentation.
- Knowledge of current wired and wireless networking standards and technologies for both Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Local Area Networks (LANs).
- In-depth understanding of IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting; network optimization techniques; network configuration strategies including NAT, VPN, DHCP, VLANs.
- Network security configuration experience including proxies, firewalls, and DMZ configuration strategies.
- Structured cabling installation, termination and maintenance.
- Configuration and maintenance of microwave peer to peer links.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Network Engineering, or a similar information technology degree.
- Must have a current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification and at least one of the following network infrastructure installation certifications: CNet Certified Network Cable Installer (CCNI), SCTE Broadband Premises Technician (BPT), or BICSI Cabling Installation Certification.
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.Required Documents:
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Proof of successful completion of specialized vocational training program from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level HVAC mechanical technicians and mechanical system specialist trained in the maintenance of commercial or industrial buildings/facilities
- Driver’s License
- Secondary School Certificate
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi, Kenya.