Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, Finance and Accounting jobs,
Finance & Contracts Coordinator
Save the Children International Kenya Country office, has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Finance & Contracts Coordinator- USAID Advancing Nutrition-Kenya. The primary responsibility of the role holder is to advise the Chief of Party and the organization on financial and compliance management of the contract. The role holder will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the project is in compliance with finance and contract guidelines according to USAID, USAID Advancing Nutrition and SCI policy and procedures. S/he will manage the full breadth of finance activities, financial controls, and computerized accounting systems for the project that is in operation in Nairobi, Kisumu, Kakamega, and Kitui in alignment with Save the Children’s financial procedures. The job holder will be expected to also support Awards Management, by advising on compliance, chairing monthly awards review meetings in consultation with the Awards Manager, coordinating BVA feedback, and working with budget holders to ensure implementation is on track. The Finance and Contracts Coordinator will be a senior member of the USAID Advancing Nutrition programme team. In this challenging environment, the Finance and Contracts Coordinator will be responsible not only for compliance with critical SCI policies, ensuring that financial resources of the organization are shepherded in an accountable and transparent manner as well as be responsible for ensuring all donor reporting and regulations are followed. The role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualification and Experience
- A first degree in Commerce Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field. Post-graduate qualification and (Diploma/MBA) an added benefit.
- Qualified accountant with recognized professional qualification in Accounting (CPA, ACCA)
- Training/certification in USAID cooperative agreement or contract rules and regulations preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ similar work experience within a fast-paced international NGO work environment with 3 years’ experience managing a USAID Contract
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Fluency (Verbal and Written) in English is required
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills of financial information
- Strong team player, collaborative and capable of building effective relationships across all levels
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Problem solving and risk mitigating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Officer Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and financial software such as Agresso.
- A commitment to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in employment and empathy with SC values and objectives
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)