Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Engineering Jobs, Quality Related Jobs, Technology Related,
Dedicated Services Engineer (EU Only)
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu — the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- 100% Work-from-home w/i the EU
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
- Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Software Development experience and familiarity with Python
- Demonstrated drive for continual learning
- Experience working directly with customers
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Nice to haves
- Experience with OpenStack or Kubernetes deployment or operation
Ubuntu Quality Engineering Manager
What you’ll do
- Set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices
- Develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Setup and maintain continuous integration for all supported deliverables
- Define and monitor quality metrics
- Develop a team with a culture of high quality and performance
- Work from home with international travel twice per year for up to two weeks
Who you are
- You have a strong software engineering, Linux, and open source background
- Your technical knowledge includes C/C++, Python programming and Shell scripting
- You have experience with data science to support data-driven quality strategies
- You have experience with quality processes and continuous integration tools and principles
- You have engineering management experience and enjoy growing people
Valued Additional Experience
- A good understanding of Debian packaging and snaps will be valuable
- Familiarity with an agile development environment
Software Engineer – MAAS
What You’ll Do
- Develop MAAS core components and features to make MAAS the #1 bare metal cloud system.
- Shape the architecture of MAAS to make it simpler, faster and easier to use.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure MAAS works well with other tools and is released on time.
- Contribute your improvements to our continuous integration environment, tests and practices, to maintain fast feedback and good test coverage.
- Contribute to documentation of current and existing features, making it world-class resource for Data Centre operators and users.
- Provide technical communication and collaboration with other teams where appropriate.
- Take personal ownership of problems and drive them to solutions.
- Travel internationally a few times a year to meet and collaborate with your and other teams.
Who You Are
- At least 5 years of proven professional software development experience in Python, Go or similar.
- Capacity to learn quickly about new systems and techniques
- Excellent logic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong English language communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience with Linux server technologies, including but not limited to Virtualization (KVM), Containers (LXC), etc.
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- Knowledge of network technologies, including PXE, DHCP, TFTP, DNS, NTP
- Some experience with Baseboard Management Controllers and Protocols (Redfish, IPMI, AMT and others)
- Strong experience with networking, storage technologies and Cloud hosting and infrastructure.
- Ideally, experience of large-scale physical server provisioning and automation, including rapid deployment, configuration, management and service orchestration.
- Familiarity with some of the open source development tools and methodologies used in creation of several Ubuntu projects (MAAS, Juju, Ubuntu Server, LXD, Ubuntu Core), such as Launchpad, Debian packaging tools (APT, dpkg) and snapcraft.