Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Banking Jobs, Equity Jobs, Jobs in Kenya
Position: Agriculture Field Manager-(1900009J)
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the position outlined below within Equity Group Foundation.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Regional Manager are an integral part in the implementation FASRAT (Financial Access to SMEs and Rural Population in Agriculture using Technology) project. The project aims at enhancing access to financial services by building financial education, entrepreneurship capacities of 60,000 farmers and 5,000 SMEs. The Regional Manager shall be responsible in implementation of project and supervision of the project staff in the respective regions.
- Manage a group of Agriculture Field Officers and support them in project implementation.
- Review and monitor Agriculture Field Officers monthly workplans, training schedules, expense claims and performance against set targets
- Develop viable materials/ lessons learnt and best practices with the support of Agriculture Field Officers that will increase the awareness and understanding of the project.
- Organize and coordinate project team activities where appropriate (e.g. regional meetings, workshops, trainings and field days).
- Represent Equity Group Foundation in the area of agriculture / Development Programme to other Equity staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly status reports and give regularly feedback to Senior Program Manager and the Branch Manager
- University degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, development studies or related fields and a preference for a Masters in Agri-Business related course
- + 7 years of experience executing agricultural programs with regional and national organizations
- Ability to achieve excellent results in the training program and grasp practical and theoretical knowledge of management, planning and implementation and evaluation of farming operations
- Good understanding of crop husbandry from establishment to harvest of the major crops
- Good understanding of Good Agricultural Practices.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Agriculture value chain Kenya
- Good Knowledge and understanding financial services for agriculture in Kenya
- Ability to evaluate challenges at the farm level and work to coordinate implementation of the program both in crop and livestock management
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal, strong analytical and quantitative skills, and demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Excellent attention to detail with good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Closing Date: 21st February 2020
Position: Financial Accountant
- Gathering, analyzing, monitoring, interpreting, forecasting, and reporting financial data
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accounts and statutory accounts including board reports
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Ensuring fund administrator reporting is accurate, on time, and reflective of wider business insights
- Completing NAV calculations for the EIB Collective Investment Scheme
- Manage monthly and quarterly tax returns
- Organize internal and support in external audits
- Approval of invoices, journals and payments
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and by department)
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies
- Conduct detailed risk analyses to assess potential investments and advise on estimates for project funding
- Creating and managing KPI reports
- Assessing the economic performance, conduct peer review and identify financial and market trends
- Creating commercial plans in collaboration with the management team
- Researching new investment opportunities and developing financial models
- Improving financial compliance and growth with initiatives and policies
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software
- Excellent math & statistical analysis skills with an attention to details
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Time-management abilities and deadline oriented
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Additional certification (e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA) is an added advantage
Closing Date: 20th February 2020
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview