Food Science and Nutrition jobs, Research jobs, Public Health jobs, Nursing jobs, Clinical Medicine jobs, Community Health jobs,
- Conduct nutritional assessment, Counselling and support for study participants as per study protocol
- Should be able to conduct home visits for follow up dietary assessments to be done at household level as per the study protocol
- Discussing nutrition and eating habits with participants and Monitor progress
- Perform project level planning, monitoring and evaluation of the nutritional activities
- Plan and coordinate dietary assessment for participants plus other study data collection as per study protocol
- Ensure smooth implementation according to ethical guidelines, management and supervision of the study protocol procedures by providing technical Nutritional support to study team.
- Participate in develop Standard Operating Procedures for the study procedures then plan and conduct protocol specific trainings to the study team.
- Guide data team on data collection instrument choices and review of data collection CRFs for appropriateness to protocol procedures.
- Maintain regular liaison with Section lead, Principal Investigator and other collaborators including planning expert meetings discussions for the project.
- Provide periodic reports to section head and study Principal Investigator
- Any other duty as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelors of Science in Food Science and Nutrition; Food Nutrition and dietetics or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution
- Trained in Integrated management of acute malnutrition (IMAM)
- Trained in Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN)
Research Scientist – 2 Posts
- Organizing and supervising the implementation of all field activities
- Work with Research Administrator to ensure adherence to study deliverables time points and support the submission of periodic reports on project status
- Developing and designing local training and capacity building of project staff in collaboration with the study coordinator
- Liaising with relevant county and sub-county health management teams, MOH departmental heads, opinion leaders and other stakeholders
- Drafting, editing and preparing correspondence, reports and other project related materials
- Supporting quality assurance/quality control processes for the study data collection procedures
- Translate study tools and documents from English into local language as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Social science or a health related discipline; Public Health, Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Community Health from a recognized institution
- Good English, Kiswahili and Luo both spoken and written
- Be trained in Good Clinical Practice
- Be willing to reside in the study site
- Have strong written and spoken communication skills