Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Procurement jobs, Supply chain jobs, Marketing jobs,
Marketing and Communications Specialist
About the Role | Marketing and Communications Specialist
Medtronic Labs is seeking a Market Development Specialist- Africa with a passion for scaling global health solutions through effective cross-sector collaboration, to work with the Africa commercial organization and build the marketing and market development function to improve outcomes for Medtronic Labs in the region.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The incumbent will serve as the point-person for strategy and execution of marketing efforts as well as market development across Medtronic Labs businesses in various Africa countries. Creativity, improvisation, analytics, communication, collaboration, and organization are all crucial for success in this role. The role is currently an individual contributor, with a potential to grow rapidly into a team leader role panning multiple geographies over the next 2 years.
- Building a deep understanding on the multiple Labs social businesses – clinical understanding, field operational model, financial model.
- Supporting field commercial teams with marketing campaigns and interventions to accelerate their financial and impact results, including significant field presence with the team to understand tactical needs and create appropriate interventions.
- Managing relationships with integrated product suppliers and vendors, plan for product launches in alignment with field sales and operations teams.
- Representing Labs in relevant forums, conferences, key customers/stakeholders.
- Working with global communications team and local agencies to drive social media activities in country.
- Building strong network and engage local and global organizations including NGOs, multilateral organizations, governments, multi-national corporations, start-ups, and other stakeholders.
- Developing and disseminate information and analysis of business performance metrics to the internal leadership as part of periodic business reviews.
Does this sound like you?
Must – Haves
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing role managing and executing campaigns on ground.
- Demonstrated success in campaign management and execution, working with variety of stakeholders and delivering results.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Past experience with designing collaterals from scratch.
- Comfortable traveling within Africa and on field when needed.
Nice to Haves
- Past experience working with healthcare as a service environment.
- Past experience executing marketing projects with the government.
- Entrepreneurial in nature.
- Agile with a growth mindset and willingness to go above, beyond, the formal role.
- Willing to work with a certain level of ownership and autonomy.
- Comfort with an unstructured role that grows with the individual.
- Passion for the field of global health.
Supply Chain Lead- Africa
About the role | Supply Chain Lead – Africa
Medtronic Labs is seeking a Supply Chain Lead – Africa with a passion for scaling global health solutions, working with the Africa commercial organization and managing the supply chain function to improve outcomes for Medtronic Labs in the region. This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The incumbent will serve as the point-person for leading the SCM function across Medtronic Labs operations in Africa – currently across Kenya and Ghana, but rapidly expanding to 8+ countries in East and West Africa. Problem solving attitude, analytics, communication and collaboration are all crucial for success in this role.
The incumbent will directly report to Commercial Head, Medtronic LABS.
Building a deep understanding on the multiple Labs social businesses – field operational model, financial model – to build the right supply chain strategy.
Supporting field commercial teams with the systems and processes needed to support their rapid growth and help them achieve the revenue and impact targets.
Supporting the existing supply chain requirements in Kenya and Ghana, and also plan for expansion into Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia and other countries in the coming 2 quarters.
Analyzing product mix trends with sales and marketing functions, create ordering plans and manage safety stock to ensure product availability while also reducing risk of obsolescence.
Building trackers and dashboards for management reporting as well as to provide stock updates to field teams on real-time basis.
Creating supply chain strategies for a highly dynamic product mix to ensure optimal resource utilization.
Managing product suppliers and drive better relationships, ordering cycles/systems to further improve business margins and profitability.
Assessing and evaluate the changing regulatory requirements in the countries and flag regulatory updates, if needed.
Assessing regulatory requirements for new countries being planned for business expansion, and execute on their required regulatory filings (if needed) in partnership with the right agencies/vendors.
Building a consolidated supply chain management strategy over next 1.5-2 years for multiples countries across Africa.
Travel: Up to 15%, including international within Africa.
The screening process includes a few short questions on your experience and professional achievements. Medtronic LAB’s recruitment partner, Shortlist will update you on whether or not you’re shortlisted.
Does this sound like you?
Critical requirements for the role (Must-Haves)
Minimum 6 years experience in supply chain management. Healthcare and FMCG sector is preferred.
MBA/equivalent Master’s degree.
Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
Proficient in Excel. Previous experience in analytics and excel modeling.
Preferred requirements (Nice to Haves)
Previously worked in one or more of the following countries: Kenya, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Tanzania, Rwanda and Ethiopia.
Experience in Regulatory affairs – approvals, certifications, compliances etc.
Candidate attribute (Culture Fit)
Entrepreneurial in nature.
Agile with a growth mindset and willingness to go above & beyond the formal role.
Willing to work with a certain level of ownership and autonomy.
Comfort with an unstructured role that grows with the individual.
Passion for the field of global health.